Mailing List Archive: Zope: DB

Can I change the ZSQL max_rows default value?

Zope db RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

rr at nederhoed

Feb 6, 2007, 1:29 AM

Can I change the ZSQL max_rows default value?

Good day,

We use Zope 2.8, still from ZMI. We ran into the 1000 limit several
times. Instead of remembering to set it to a higher value, I would
like to change the ZSQL max_rows default to 5000.

Is it possible to do this?

Friendly greetings, Robert-Reinder

charlie at egenix

Feb 6, 2007, 1:33 AM

Re: Can I change the ZSQL max_rows default value? [In reply to]

Am 06.02.2007, 10:29 Uhr, schrieb Robert-Reinder Nederhoed
<rr [at] nederhoed>:

> Good day,
> We use Zope 2.8, still from ZMI. We ran into the 1000 limit several
> times. Instead of remembering to set it to a higher value, I would like
> to change the ZSQL max_rows default to 5000.
> Is it possible to do this?

Yes, click on the "Advanced" tab of your ZSQL method.

Charlie

maciej.wisniowski at coig

Feb 6, 2007, 2:18 AM

Re: Can I change the ZSQL max_rows default value? [In reply to]

> We use Zope 2.8, still from ZMI. We ran into the 1000 limit several
> times. Instead of remembering to set it to a higher value, I would
> like to change the ZSQL max_rows default to 5000.
>
> Is it possible to do this?
A bit dirty hack but it is at:

lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB in class DA

If you want then you may modify 'max_rows' value there.

or override this in lib/Python/Products/ZSQLMethods

--
Maciej Wisniowski

robert at redcor

Feb 6, 2007, 8:45 PM

Re: Can I change the ZSQL max_rows default value? [In reply to]

Robert-Reinder Nederhoed wrote:
> Good day,
>

> We use Zope 2.8, still from ZMI. We ran into the 1000 limit several
> times. Instead of remembering to set it to a higher value, I would like
> to change the ZSQL max_rows default to 5000.
>
> Is it possible to do this?
>

> Friendly greetings, Robert-Reinder

in your zsql object there is aan "advanced" tab. there you can set the limit. if you set it to 0 all rows will be returned.
robert
Attachments: robert.vcf (0.20 KB)

dieter at handshake

Feb 8, 2007, 12:38 PM

Re: Can I change the ZSQL max_rows default value? [In reply to]

Robert-Reinder Nederhoed wrote at 2007-2-6 10:29 +0100:
>Good day,
>

>We use Zope 2.8, still from ZMI. We ran into the 1000 limit several
>times. Instead of remembering to set it to a higher value, I would
>like to change the ZSQL max_rows default to 5000.
>
>Is it possible to do this?

It is also (beside the options already outlined in other replies) possible
to use so called "monkey patching" to modify thee value.

For details, search for it.

--
Dieter