Mailing List Archive: Zope: Coders

CMF releases

Zope coders RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

seb at jamkit

Oct 1, 2001, 4:34 AM

CMF releases

A very FAQ concerns the fact that the CMF doesn't work with Zope
2.4.1.

Is there a release schedule for a 2.4.1-compatible branch? Are we in
a position to start a new branch off the CMF head for a 1.11 release?
If not, what are the barriers to this?

The current CMF head seems stable enough to go into beta, and the
release of a tarball would help get more people using the system. At
the moment, if you don't know CVS, you pretty much can't use the CMF,
which is plain silly since it's all pretty stable.

One more question: what's the malcontents [at] zope address do?

cheers,

seb

tseaver at zope

Oct 4, 2001, 2:19 AM

Re: CMF releases [In reply to]

seb bacon wrote:

> A very FAQ concerns the fact that the CMF doesn't work with Zope 2.4.1.

We should update the download page to point out the fact that the problem
was only with 2.4a1; 2.4.1 works fine.

> Is there a release schedule for a 2.4.1-compatible branch? Are we in a
> position to start a new branch off the CMF head for a 1.11 release? If not,
> what are the barriers to this?

A CMF 1.1.1 release should normally be build from a tagged version of the
'CMF-1_1-branch', which already exists (I made it when I made the 1.1 relese).
Perhaps branching from the current head would be expedient; it would bend
the "no new features in third-dot releases" model Brian uses for Zope, but
might be much less effort than backporting the bug fixes from the head to
the 'CMF-1_1-branch'.

> The current CMF head seems stable enough to go into beta, and the release of a
> tarball would help get more people using the system. At the moment, if you
> don't know CVS, you pretty much can't use the CMF, which is plain silly since
> it's all pretty stable.
>
> One more question: what's the malcontents [at] zope address do?

'malcontents' is the (informal) name of my engineering team at ZC; they
have had primary responsibility for the CMF, as opposed to the "core
team", led by Chris McDonough; the core team has been on point for the
Zope core.

Tres.
Tres Seaver tseaver [at] zope
Zope Corporation "Zope Dealers" http://www.zope.com

Zope coders RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded