Mailing List Archive: Zope: CMF

[Zope-PTK] finding PTK

Zope cmf RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

wilson at visi

Feb 11, 2000, 12:28 PM

[Zope-PTK] finding PTK

Hi everyone,

OK, I've got the latest CVS version of PTK, I've restarted Zope, and I
can't find any reference to it in my Product folder. I think perhaps I
executed the CVS commands incorrectly because the folder hierarchy in my
Products folder looks like:

lib/python/Products/PTKBase
/ZopePTK
/PTKBase
/PTKDemo

Am I supposed to have two PTKBase directories here?

The CVS comand is did was:
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous [at] cvs:/cvs-repository \
co -d PTKBase ZopePTK/PTKBase ZopePTK/PTKDemo

Ideas?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson | Visit Sibley online: | Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S. | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/

mike at digicool

Feb 11, 2000, 12:56 PM

Re: [Zope-PTK] finding PTK [In reply to]

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Timothy Wilson wrote:

> The CVS comand is did was:
> cvs -d :pserver:anonymous [at] cvs:/cvs-repository \
> co -d PTKBase ZopePTK/PTKBase ZopePTK/PTKDemo
>
> Ideas?

Yes. The instructions originally posted in this list last week no
longer apply. See http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK for instructions.

You wanted to do something like this--

$ cd ~
$ CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous [at] cvs:/cvs-repository
$ cvs login
$ cvs co ZopePTK
$ cd /my/zope/lib/python/Products
$ ln -s ~/ZopePTK/PTKBase PTKBase
$ ln -s ~/ZopePTK/PTKDemo PTKDemo
$ cd /my/zope/var
$ ln -s ~/ZopePTK/PTKDemo/DemoPortal.zexp DemoPortal.zexp

The original instructions assumed you only needed that one Product,
'ZopePTK/PTKBase'. Now, you need everything in ZopePTK so some of the
shortcuts the original instructions used would no longer apply.

Mike.

--
Mike Pelletier email: mike [at] digicool
Mild mannered software developer icq: 7127228

wilson at visi

Feb 11, 2000, 3:17 PM

Re: [Zope-PTK] finding PTK [In reply to]

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Mike Pelletier wrote:

> Yes. The instructions originally posted in this list last week no
> longer apply. See http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK for instructions.
>
> You wanted to do something like this--
>
> $ cd ~
> $ CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous [at] cvs:/cvs-repository
> $ cvs login
> $ cvs co ZopePTK
> $ cd /my/zope/lib/python/Products
> $ ln -s ~/ZopePTK/PTKBase PTKBase

Do you mean 'ln -s ./ZopePTK/PTKBase PTKBase' here? (Also for following
lines?) At least that's what I needed to do.

> $ ln -s ~/ZopePTK/PTKDemo PTKDemo
> $ cd /my/zope/var
> $ ln -s ~/ZopePTK/PTKDemo/DemoPortal.zexp DemoPortal.zexp

On my Linux box, I had to actually copy the DemoPortal.zexp to get Zope to
find it. A symbolic link wouldn't work. Hmmm.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson | Visit Sibley online: | Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S. | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/
W. St. Paul, MN | | http://slashdot.org/
wilson [at] visi | <dtml-var pithy_quote> | http://linux.com/

lalo at hackandroll

Feb 11, 2000, 3:22 PM

Re: [Zope-PTK] finding PTK [In reply to]

On Fri, Feb 11, 2000 at 04:17:58PM -0600, Timothy Wilson wrote:

> On my Linux box, I had to actually copy the DemoPortal.zexp to get Zope to
> find it. A symbolic link wouldn't work. Hmmm.

Permissions. Either on the file, or one of the directories above.

[]s,
|alo
+----
Resistance is futile.

http://www.webcom.com/lalo mailto:lalo [at] webcom
pgp key in the web page

Debian GNU/Linux --- http://www.debian.org
Brazil of Darkness -- http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar

mike at digicool

Feb 11, 2000, 4:08 PM

Re: [Zope-PTK] finding PTK [In reply to]

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Timothy Wilson wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Mike Pelletier wrote:
> > You wanted to do something like this--
> >
> > $ cd ~
> > $ CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous [at] cvs:/cvs-repository
> > $ cvs login
> > $ cvs co ZopePTK
> > $ cd /my/zope/lib/python/Products
> > $ ln -s ~/ZopePTK/PTKBase PTKBase
>
> Do you mean 'ln -s ./ZopePTK/PTKBase PTKBase' here? (Also for following
> lines?) At least that's what I needed to do.

Nope. '~' means 'my home directory'. At the beginning of the
example, I chdir to '~', and then checkout the package. Of course, it
doesn't have to be done in your home directory, it was just an example.

Mike.

claw at kanga

Feb 15, 2000, 3:28 AM

Re: [Zope-PTK] finding PTK [In reply to]

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:56:58 -0500 (EST)
Mike Pelletier <mike [at] digicool> wrote:

> Yes. The instructions originally posted in this list last
> week no longer apply. See http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK for
> instructions.

Okay, I'm missing something (on a Debian system):

# cd /usr/lib/zope/lib/pythong/Products
# cvs -z7 -d :pserver:anonymous [at] cvs:/cvs-repository checkout ZopePTK
# ln -sf ZopePTK PTKBase .
# ln -sf ZopePTK PTKDemo .
...restart Zope...
...Go to Products folder...
...See PTKBase and PTKDemo products...
...Go to normal folder...
...No Portal items listed in ADD list...
# cp /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/ZopePTK/PTKDemo/DemoPortal.zexp /var/lib/zope/import/
...Go to Products folder...
...Import DemoPortal.zexp...
Error Value: No module named PTKDemo

What am I missing?

BTW: Same account data as last time.

--
J C Lawrence Home: claw [at] kanga
----------(*) Other: coder [at] kanga

listen at MIDRAS

Feb 15, 2000, 4:36 AM

Re: [Zope-PTK] finding PTK [In reply to]

Hi,

well, I am really no PTK hero, but I think you need to link/copy
PTKBase and PTKDemo directly beneath Products (no surrounding ZopePTK
folder!).
What you did is create links from PTKBase and PTKDemo both to ZopePTK,
but you need

ln -sf ZopePTK/PTKBase PTKBase
ln -sf ZopePTK/PTKDemo PTKDemo

and I would suggest you keep ZopePTK anywhere else like your Zope
root or even your source or download folder.

BTW, symlinking gave me strange problems anyway...

Jochen

At 2:28 Uhr -0800 15.02.2000, J C Lawrence wrote:
>On Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:56:58 -0500 (EST)
>Mike Pelletier <mike [at] digicool> wrote:
>
> > Yes. The instructions originally posted in this list last
> > week no longer apply. See http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK for
> > instructions.
>
>Okay, I'm missing something (on a Debian system):
>
> # cd /usr/lib/zope/lib/pythong/Products
> # cvs -z7 -d :pserver:anonymous [at] cvs:/cvs-repository
>checkout ZopePTK
> # ln -sf ZopePTK PTKBase .
> # ln -sf ZopePTK PTKDemo .
> ...restart Zope...
> ...Go to Products folder...
> ...See PTKBase and PTKDemo products...
> ...Go to normal folder...
> ...No Portal items listed in ADD list...
> # cp
>/usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/ZopePTK/PTKDemo/DemoPortal.zexp
>/var/lib/zope/import/
> ...Go to Products folder...
> ...Import DemoPortal.zexp...
> Error Value: No module named PTKDemo
>
>What am I missing?
>
>BTW: Same account data as last time.
>
>--
>J C Lawrence Home: claw [at] kanga

claw at kanga

Feb 15, 2000, 12:04 PM

Re: [Zope-PTK] finding PTK [In reply to]

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 12:36:01 +0100
Jochen Haeberle <listen [at] MIDRAS> wrote:

> Hi, well, I am really no PTK hero, but I think you need to
> link/copy PTKBase and PTKDemo directly beneath Products (no
> surrounding ZopePTK folder!). What you did is create links from
> PTKBase and PTKDemo both to ZopePTK, but you need

Ooops, I didd that -- my typo in copying the commands over to the
email. My actual install sequence and results were:

# cd /usr/lib/zope/lib/pythong/Products
# cvs -z7 -d :pserver:anonymous [at] cvs:/cvs-repository checkout ZopePTK
# ln -sf ZopePTK/PTKBase .
# ln -sf ZopePTK/PTKDemo .
...restart Zope...
...Go to Products folder...
...See PTKBase and PTKDemo products...
...Go to normal folder...
...No Portal items listed in ADD list...
# cp /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/ZopePTK/PTKDemo/DemoPortal.zexp /var/lib/zope/import/
...Go to Products folder...
...Import DemoPortal.zexp...
Error Value: No module named PTKDemo

> BTW, symlinking gave me strange problems anyway...

I also tried physically mv'ing the PTK* directories immediately
under the Products tree to only get the same results.

--
J C Lawrence Home: claw [at] kanga
----------(*) Other: coder [at] kanga

claw at kanga

Feb 15, 2000, 2:30 PM

Re: [Zope-PTK] finding PTK [In reply to]

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 02:28:00 -0800
J C Lawrence <claw [at] kanga> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:56:58 -0500 (EST) Mike Pelletier
> <mike [at] digicool> wrote:

>> Yes. The instructions originally posted in this list last week
>> no longer apply. See http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK for
>> instructions.

> Okay, I'm missing something (on a Debian system):

<blush>

Fixed. Stupid User Trick. Sorry for the bother.

<hang head>

--
J C Lawrence Home: claw [at] kanga