vernier at vc
Feb 10, 2000, 1:48 AM
Post #1 of 2
> When I add a "Portal Folder" from the drop down menu, it'd be nice if it
[Zope-PTK] Re: Adding a Portal Folder..
> created for me a default index_html document. Is it supposed to do this?
> I'm not a Zope developer (yet), so it's a little beyond me to grasp how to
> add this feature myself quite yet. Maybe in another week. Until then I'm
> creating the index_html's by hand. Not a big deal, but I was curious
> Ray Van Dolson
Success: I got ZopePTK to install properly (an hour ago).
Some Possibly Useful Notes:
1. I had trouble with the directions; I kept trying to import the
DemoPortal.zexp in the wrong place; it needs to go right in the products
folder (not in PTKBase nor PTKDemo)
2. The Product was open because the "Help" object depends on some "Unknown"
product even after a zope restart ... anyways it looks like this is not
3. There appears two Portal objects in the add object button of every folder:
one called "Portal" and the other "Portal Folder", for which I found no
4. I created a Portal Folder, which like for Ray here, got me nothing exciting
5. I deleted it and created a "Portal" and the install died on the third
screen ... something about _getOb not being found.
6. On a hunch, I recreated a "Portal Folder", and within that created a
"Portal" and that installed properly all the way.
I am not sure if that is how it was intended, but perhaps that will help you