Mailing List Archive: Zope: CMF

Towards a 2.3 Release

Zope cmf RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

charlie.clark at clark-consulting

Nov 20, 2011, 6:29 AM

Towards a 2.3 Release

At the recent Zope 4 sprint in Berlin [1] Yuppie, Jens and myself briefly
discussed making a 2.3 release. It is largely a matter of crossing the t's
and dotting the i's:

* SyndicationTool needs testing with the PythonScripts and templates to
make sure the extensive changes haven't broken them. The upgrade step
needs writing and testing

* all my views that affect tool "properties" need to use the new
SettingsForm view to be safe

* all my formlib-based views will revert to the standard CMF form display

* views only profile needs completing

* apparently the "absolut" skin can cause problems with used in
combination with profiles. Yuppie, do you have any more information on
this?

* the views only profile is no longer experimental. I would like to be
able to make this a base profile (with the "absolut" skin) but have hit
problems with CMFCalendar requiring the standard CMFDefault skin

In Berlin we decided against a beta but I would actually like to test my
existing sites against a new version, so a beta would probably be a good
idea.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director

y.2011 at wcm-solutions

Nov 21, 2011, 3:09 AM

Re: Towards a 2.3 Release [In reply to]

Hi!

Charlie Clark wrote:
> * apparently the "absolut" skin can cause problems with used in
> combination with profiles. Yuppie, do you have any more information on
> this?

Not sure what you mean. I had some problems getting rid of oldstyle
skins completely (including main_template), but that is not what the the
"absolut" skin does. I gave up after a short try, so I can't provide any
further details.

> * the views only profile is no longer experimental. I would like to be
> able to make this a base profile (with the "absolut" skin) but have hit
> problems with CMFCalendar requiring the standard CMFDefault skin

-1 for adding a second base profile

We can do the same as in CMFCalendar: Use views in the default profile
and provide an extension profile for people who want to switch back to
oldstyle skins.

I propose to do this step by step. We have views with different levels
of maturity: Some exist for a while and are battle proofed. Others are
new without any real world testing. Each view should be reviewed if it
is ready for becoming default.

> In Berlin we decided against a beta but I would actually like to test my
> existing sites against a new version, so a beta would probably be a good
> idea.

I'm fine with a beta *if* that brings additional testing and feedback
before the final release.

Cheers,

Yuppie