Mailing List Archive: Zope: CMF

cmf-tests -

Zope cmf RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

noreply at zope

cmf-tests -

This is the summary for test reports received on the
cmf-tests list between 2011-04-02 00:00:00 UTC and 2011-04-03 00:00:00 UTC:

See the footnotes for test reports of unsuccessful builds.

An up-to date view of the builders is also available in our
buildbot documentation:
http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/process/buildbots.html#the-nightly-builds

Reports received

noreply at zope

cmf-tests - [In reply to]

This is the summary for test reports received on the
cmf-tests list between 2011-05-01 00:00:00 UTC and 2011-05-02 00:00:00 UTC:

See the footnotes for test reports of unsuccessful builds.

An up-to date view of the builders is also available in our
buildbot documentation:
http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/process/buildbots.html#the-nightly-builds

Reports received

patrick.gerken at computer

Mar 3, 2013, 6:54 PM

Re: cmf-tests - [In reply to]

​Hi
,

are the missing CMF Tests only temporary or is there a need for a new
source of test reports?

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 2:00 AM, CMF tests summarizer <noreply [at] zope>wrote:

> This is the summary for test reports received on the
> cmf-tests list between 2013-03-02 00:00:00 UTC and 2013-03-03 00:00:00 UTC:
>
> See the footnotes for test reports of unsuccessful builds.
>
> An up-to date view of the builders is also available in our
> buildbot documentation:
> http://docs.zope.org/zopetoolkit/process/buildbots.html#the-nightly-builds
>
> Reports received
>
> See https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope-cmf/ for bug reports and feature
> requests

m.van.rees at zestsoftware

Mar 4, 2013, 3:46 AM

Re: cmf-tests - [In reply to]

Op 04-03-13 03:54, Patrick Gerken schreef:
> ​Hi​
> ,
>
> are the missing CMF Tests only temporary or is there a need for a new
> source of test reports?​

I wonder if this is simply because bin/buildout failed to finish, though
I would still expect some output from the test bot then.

I have added a missing pin for z3c.recipe.scripts (1.0.1), which should
help there.

If that commit helps, then some test errors will show up in
Products.CMFDefault, mostly this:

TypeError: Object has default comparison

I don't know what that is about.

--
Maurits van Rees: http://maurits.vanrees.org/
Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl

tseaver at palladion

Mar 4, 2013, 12:15 PM

Re: cmf-tests - [In reply to]

hanno at hannosch

Mar 4, 2013, 3:02 PM

Re: cmf-tests - [In reply to]

Tres Seaver <tseaver@...> writes:
> On 03/04/2013 06:46 AM, Maurits van Rees wrote:
>
> > If that commit helps, then some test errors will show up in
> > Products.CMFDefault, mostly this:
> >
> > TypeError: Object has default comparison
>
> New BTrees expects objects used as keys to have "real" comparison
> semantics: Python's default (based on id()) is not suitable for
> persistent objects.

The most common source of this warning is trying to store `None`:

>>> from BTrees.OOBTree import OOBTree
>>> tree = OOBTree()
>>> tree[1] = 1
>>> tree[None] = 2
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: Object has default comparison

Unfortunately the ZCatalog has advertised support for storing None for
some time, so there's likely some code out there which uses this.

Hanno

hanno at hannosch

Mar 4, 2013, 3:05 PM

Re: cmf-tests - [In reply to]

Patrick Gerken <patrick.gerken@...> writes:
> are the missing CMF Tests only temporary or is there a need for a new source
of test reports?​

I spoke to Stefan Holek and he no longer has the time nor interest to
maintain the Zope2 and CMF nightly tests. He's not working on any web
based projects anymore, so this is quite understandable.

As CMF isn't moving to github, it seems the free travis-ci integration
won't help here either. So if someone is interested in running the tests,
that would probably be appreciated.

Hanno

hanno at hannosch

Mar 4, 2013, 3:09 PM

Re: cmf-tests - [In reply to]

Maurits van Rees <m.van.rees@...> writes:
> I have added a missing pin for z3c.recipe.scripts (1.0.1), which should
> help there.

I'm surprised you found that pin missing. I thought I had removed all use
of that recipe from the CMF trunk builout, as it isn't compatible with
buildout 2 yet.

But maybe it's too ambitious to aim for buildout 2 / Zope 4 compatibility
for CMF trunk. I only tried to fix the sources and buildout so it would at
least run, after Zope was moved to github.

But of course there's code and test changes to be made to reach
compatibility with all the new zope.* 4.x versions. I'm not really up to
work on all of those. So if nobody else is interested in that work, maybe
it would be safer to aim for Zope 2.13 compatibility only at this point.

Hanno

patrick.gerken at computer

Mar 5, 2013, 12:24 AM

Re: cmf-tests - [In reply to]

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 12:05 AM, Hanno Schlichting <hanno [at] hannosch>wrote:

> Patrick Gerken <patrick.gerken@...> writes:
> > are the missing CMF Tests only temporary or is there a need for a new
> source
> of test reports?
>
> I spoke to Stefan Holek and he no longer has the time nor interest to
> maintain the Zope2 and CMF nightly tests. He's not working on any web
> based projects anymore, so this is quite understandable.
>
> As CMF isn't moving to github, it seems the free travis-ci integration
> won't help here either. So if someone is interested in running the tests,
> that would probably be appreciated.

​I'll take care of it.

charlie.clark at clark-consulting

Mar 5, 2013, 12:30 AM