Mailing List Archive: Zope: CMF

String exceptions

Zope cmf RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

gotcha at bubblenet

Feb 25, 2011, 2:53 AM

String exceptions

Hi,

Python2.6 has deprecated string exceptions.

However, I find about 15 string exceptions in CMF 2.2

I guess this is just something that was forgotten.

Can we consider this as a critical issue for next release ?

Regards
--
Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha) http://bubblenet.be

l at lrowe

Feb 25, 2011, 3:00 AM

Re: String exceptions [In reply to]

On 25 February 2011 10:53, Godefroid Chapelle <gotcha [at] bubblenet> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Python2.6 has deprecated string exceptions.
>
> However, I find about 15 string exceptions in CMF 2.2
>
> I guess this is just something that was forgotten.
>
> Can we consider this as a critical issue for next release ?

It certainly seems worth updating these, but I wouldn't consider it critical.

Laurence

tseaver at palladion

Feb 25, 2011, 6:08 AM

Re: String exceptions [In reply to]

l at lrowe

Feb 25, 2011, 6:23 AM

Re: String exceptions [In reply to]

On 25 February 2011 14:08, Tres Seaver <tseaver [at] palladion> wrote:

> On 02/25/2011 05:53 AM, Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
>
>> Python2.6 has deprecated string exceptions.
>>
>> However, I find about 15 string exceptions in CMF 2.2
>>
>> I guess this is just something that was forgotten.
>>
>> Can we consider this as a critical issue for next release ?
>
> "Critial" is not the right urgency for fixing deprecation warnings:
> nothing breaks, there is no security hole, etc.
>
> That being saie:  you've done the hard work (finding them): just go
> ahead and check the fix in.

As mentioned on the zope-dev list, string exceptions were actually
removed int Python 2.6. I still don't think it's critical though, it
just raises a TypeError now instead of a string exception.

Laurence

gotcha at bubblenet

Feb 25, 2011, 9:23 AM

Re: String exceptions [In reply to]

Le 25/02/11 15:23, Laurence Rowe a écrit :
> As mentioned on the zope-dev list, string exceptions were actually
> removed int Python 2.6. I still don't think it's critical though, it
> just raises a TypeError now instead of a string exception.
>
> Laurence

Right, they are not critical. I once again spoke before thinking deep
enough.

--
Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha) http://bubblenet.be