Mailing List Archive: Zope: CMF

Re: [Checkins] SVN: Products.CMFCore/trunk/ - fixed Zope 2.12 compatibility

Zope cmf RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

hanno at hannosch

Dec 27, 2009, 7:12 AM

Re: [Checkins] SVN: Products.CMFCore/trunk/ - fixed Zope 2.12 compatibility

Hi.

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Yvo Schubbe <y.2009 [at] wcm-solutions> wrote:
> Log message for revision 107108:
>  - fixed Zope 2.12 compatibility

Just to make this explicit: CMF trunk should continue to run with Zope
2.12 and not only with 2.13, correct? If so, I'll add a second test
runner to the buildout, so it's easier to ensure this.

On a related note, if I'm going to backport the five.formlib
extraction to 2.12, it would it be ok to depend on a 2.12.3 release
for CMF 2.2 with this stuff in it, right?

Hanno

y.2009 at wcm-solutions

Dec 27, 2009, 8:45 AM

Re: [Checkins] SVN: Products.CMFCore/trunk/ - fixed Zope 2.12 compatibility [In reply to]

Hi!

Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> Just to make this explicit: CMF trunk should continue to run with Zope
> 2.12 and not only with 2.13, correct?

Yes. At least until there is an explicit decision to drop 2.12
compatibility. So far I can't see a good reason for dropping BBB.

> If so, I'll add a second test
> runner to the buildout, so it's easier to ensure this.

Looks like you did that already.

> On a related note, if I'm going to backport the five.formlib
> extraction to 2.12, it would it be ok to depend on a 2.12.3 release
> for CMF 2.2 with this stuff in it, right?

I can live with dropping support for Zope 2.12.2 if 2.12.3 is released.
It's always recommended to use the latest bugfix release of Zope.

On the other hand we would just need a few try except imports to keep BBB.

Cheers,

Yuppie

hanno at hannosch

Dec 27, 2009, 10:18 AM

Re: [Checkins] SVN: Products.CMFCore/trunk/ - fixed Zope 2.12 compatibility [In reply to]

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 5:45 PM, yuppie <y.2009 [at] wcm-solutions> wrote:
> Hanno Schlichting wrote:
>> Just to make this explicit: CMF trunk should continue to run with Zope
>> 2.12 and not only with 2.13, correct?
>
> Yes. At least until there is an explicit decision to drop 2.12
> compatibility. So far I can't see a good reason for dropping BBB.

Ok. Makes sense.

>> On a related note, if I'm going to backport the five.formlib
>> extraction to 2.12, it would it be ok to depend on a 2.12.3 release
>> for CMF 2.2 with this stuff in it, right?
>
> I can live with dropping support for Zope 2.12.2 if 2.12.3 is released.
> It's always recommended to use the latest bugfix release of Zope.
>
> On the other hand we would just need a few try except imports to keep BBB.

Indeed. There's not too many places that deal with formlib.

Hanno

jens at dataflake

Dec 27, 2009, 11:31 AM

Re: [Checkins] SVN: Products.CMFCore/trunk/ - fixed Zope 2.12 compatibility [In reply to]

hanno at hannosch

Dec 29, 2009, 5:12 PM

Re: [Checkins] SVN: Products.CMFCore/trunk/ - fixed Zope 2.12 compatibility [In reply to]

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 8:31 PM, Jens Vagelpohl <jens [at] dataflake> wrote:
> Please keep release scheduling in mind. I had announced a release date
> for CMF 2.2.0-final about a week from now. Andreas cannot possible throw
> out Zope 2 2.12.3-final by that time. We would need to postpone CMF
> 2.2.0-final for any of this to happen.

Ok. Here's a deal: I made CMF trunk and the 2.2 branch use
five.formlib in favor of Products.Five.formlib, including a fallback
to Products.Five. So at this point everything works with both Zope
2.12 / 2.13.

You can now go ahead and make a CMF 2.2 final release whenever you like.

Next I'll backport the five.formlib work to Zope 2.12. Once that is
done and a 2.12.3 is released, we can change CMF trunk to require
five.formlib and add a minimum requirement onto 2.12.3. At this point
we can drop the fallback to Products.Five on CMF trunk.

Anything I overlooked?

Hanno

jens at dataflake

Dec 30, 2009, 1:39 AM

Re: [Checkins] SVN: Products.CMFCore/trunk/ - fixed Zope 2.12 compatibility [In reply to]