Amos at digicool
Oct 5, 1999, 6:23 PM
Post #1 of 1
It's been a exciting week in Zopeland. The Zope community is cooking up
a lot of great stuff! Martijn Fassan and Anthony Pfrunder are working on
xml-based content formatting and behavior projects. Ty Sarna is pushing
Zope's database capabilities by adding Berkeley DB support. It's hard to
keep up with all the great new Zope products and documentation. As
always Zope.org is the best place to look for most of the exciting new
* Anthony Pfrunder announced his VisualZope Product which looks quite
interesting, though it is very early in development at this point.
VisualZope is a collection of ZClasses to provide easy support for
* Martijn Fassan's XMLWidgets is another exciting Zope Project.
XMLWidgets allows you to author content in XML and then create behaviors
for the XML.
* Mark Pratt announced that Katrin Kirchner has translated three Zope
how-to's into German.
* Ty Sarna announced a preliminary version of a Berkeley DB based ZODB
storage. This is great news, and marks a great step forward for ZODB.
* Paul Everitt announced more information about Zope training.
* Pam Crosby announced updated Zope documentation, including the still
incomplete Zope Developer's Guide and Zope Administrator's Guide.
* Jeffrey Shell announced the LDAP Roadmap.
* A number of folks are giving talks on Zope throughout the world.
Anthony Baxter spoke in Victoria, Australia, and Chris McDonough will be
speaking in Philadelphia, USA.
* Johan Carlsson announced a Zope Internet Explorer Editor Project.
* Evelyn Mitchell has written an article on Python for IBM's
DeveloperWorks. It mentions Zope.
* Computer Sweden published an article on Zope by Erik Geijer.
* Hungarian Chip Magazine published an article on Zope by Arpad Kiss.
Keep on Zopin'
Amos Latteier mailto:amos [at] digicool
Digital Creations http://www.digicool.com