Mailing List Archive: Zope: Announce

Re: [Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-Users] is it possible to copy object b/w two zodb Database

Zope announce RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

dieter at handshake

Jun 14, 2008, 12:06 PM

Jim Fulton wrote at 2008-6-11 15:18 -0400:

>On Jun 11, 2008, at 10:36 AM, rahul bhaskar wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am facing some problem with merging two zodb file.
>> is it possible to open two zodb Database at a time and copy object
>> from one to another.
>

>Yes, using the export/import mechanism.

Another option is to mount both ZODB's and then copy the objects.

It is necessary to decouple the copy from its source before
it can be stored in the target. Apparently, "copy.deepcopy" is
able to reliably decouple.

--
Dieter