Mailing List Archive: Xen: Users

open suse as dom0

Xen users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

inf.maltese at gmail

Aug 15, 2012, 6:34 AM

open suse as dom0

I would ask . How i can use Internet connection when i start xend ? this
because when i start xend , it seem that the device become xend and not
my ethernet card .
however, thx you

inf.maltese at gmail

Aug 15, 2012, 7:02 AM

Re: open suse as dom0 [In reply to]

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 3:43 PM, Ken Cobler <kcobler [at] coblercorp> wrote:

> Quoting Salvatore Maltese <inf.maltese [at] gmail>:
>
> I would ask . How i can use Internet connection when i start xend ? this
>> because when i start xend , it seem that the device become xend and not
>> my ethernet card .
>> however, thx you
>>

> I use OpenSUse 11.2 and above with Xen.
>
> I found it easier to define a bridge device (br0) as the main IP address.
>
> Ken Cobler
>
> Sorry but I am newb of much this in the scope of linux and virtualitation
. However, I dont understand something . when i had installed the Dom0 and
hypervisor above it , is the Dom0 that talk with drivers ? . Sould The
Hypervisor only schedule the VM's ? and the Dom0 Should manage the VM's .
Now what is the bridge ( i know that the bridge is to join network , but
what is in Xen hypervisor ) Thx for you help.

list at fajar

Aug 15, 2012, 7:13 AM

Re: open suse as dom0 [In reply to]

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Salvatore Maltese
<inf.maltese [at] gmail> wrote:
> Now what is the bridge ( i know that the bridge is to join network , but
> what is in Xen hypervisor ) Thx for you help.

Try reading

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Networking#Bridging
http://it.knightnet.org.uk/2008/07/bridged-networking-in-opensuse-103-for.html
http://www.howtoforge.com/virtualization-with-kvm-on-an-opensuse-11.4-server

the last two aren't specific for xen, but the instructions to create
the bridge should be the same.

--
Fajar

Xen-users [at] lists
http://lists.xen.org/xen-users

inf.maltese at gmail

Aug 15, 2012, 7:18 AM

Re: open suse as dom0 [In reply to]

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list [at] fajar> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Salvatore Maltese
> <inf.maltese [at] gmail> wrote:
> > Now what is the bridge ( i know that the bridge is to join network , but
> > what is in Xen hypervisor ) Thx for you help.
>
> Try reading
>
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Networking#Bridging
>
> http://it.knightnet.org.uk/2008/07/bridged-networking-in-opensuse-103-for.html
>
> http://www.howtoforge.com/virtualization-with-kvm-on-an-opensuse-11.4-server
>
> the last two aren't specific for xen, but the instructions to create
> the bridge should be the same.

thx

> --
> Fajar