Mailing List Archive: Xen: Users

slipstream gplpv?

Xen users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

tknchris at gmail

Aug 7, 2012, 5:38 PM

slipstream gplpv?

Hi James,

Have you ever built a windows iso with gplpv builtin? What would be
required to do this? The idea popped in my head today that it would be
quite nice to have and would most likely speed up OS installs.

Thanks,
chris

james.harper at bendigoit

Aug 7, 2012, 10:46 PM

Re: slipstream gplpv? [In reply to]

> Hi James,
>
> Have you ever built a windows iso with gplpv builtin? What would be
> required to do this? The idea popped in my head today that it would be quite
> nice to have and would most likely speed up OS installs.

It should be pretty straight forward although I've never tried it before. The main problem would be the installation of a potentially updated KMDF library, and also a bit of reworking the drivers do on the first boot to make sure that the emulated ide and network devices are disabled.

I think the slipstream process is reasonably well documented by Microsoft so if you have the time you could just give it a go and see what happens.

James