Mailing List Archive: Xen: Users

Virtual address to physical mapping in Stubdomain

Xen users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

adrian.l.shaw at gmail

Jun 26, 2012, 2:04 AM

Virtual address to physical mapping in Stubdomain

Dear all,

Firstly I apologise for what may be a fairly simple question, but after
spending a few days on this I really need the help of an expert.
I'm developing a stubdomain based on Mini-OS and I'm trying to convert the
virtual address of a shared memory page to a machine frame number.
I would have thought this requires an #include <xen/page.h> library, but it
is not available however.
I have found instances of page.h in architecture specific directories, but
I'm not quite sure whether they are meant to be directly used.
Did it get moved?
Most other libraries I've used seemed to be easily available with an
include like <xen/foo.h>.
If you have any ideas about where I may be having a problem, I'd greatly
appreciate it.

Regards,

Adrian

axs911 at cs

Jun 26, 2012, 1:57 AM

Virtual address to physical mapping in Stubdomain [In reply to]

Dear all,

--
( +44
* axs911 [at] cs

Ian.Campbell at citrix

Jun 26, 2012, 3:47 AM

Re: Virtual address to physical mapping in Stubdomain [In reply to]

On Tue, 2012-06-26 at 10:04 +0100, Adrian Shaw wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> Firstly I apologise for what may be a fairly simple question, but
> after spending a few days on this I really need the help of an expert.
> I'm developing a stubdomain based on Mini-OS and I'm trying to convert
> the virtual address of a shared memory page to a machine frame number.
> I would have thought this requires an #include <xen/page.h> library,
> but it is not available however.
> I have found instances of page.h in architecture specific directories,
> but I'm not quite sure whether they are meant to be directly used.
> Did it get moved?
> Most other libraries I've used seemed to be easily available with an
> include like <xen/foo.h>.
> If you have any ideas about where I may be having a problem, I'd
> greatly appreciate it.

virtual => physical (or machine) mapping is a function of the guest
(e.g. mini-os in this case) not the hypervisor, so you'd need to be
looking in the mini-os headers not the xen ones.

Have a look in extras/mini-os/include/x86/arch_mm.h -- it very likely
has the function you want.

Ian.

Xen-users [at] lists
http://lists.xen.org/xen-users

adrian.l.shaw at gmail

Jun 26, 2012, 6:32 AM

Re: Virtual address to physical mapping in Stubdomain [In reply to]

Thank you so much Ian. That was the exact file I needed.
Hope this helps others in the future with the same issue.

Regards,

Adrian