Mailing List Archive: Xen: Users
Interdomain events are missing

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

summerxyt at gmail

Interdomain events are missing

Hi all,

I'm trying to using event channel to deliver interdomain events. I've
seen from the book "The Definitive Guide to the Xen Hypervisor" that
unlike signals on Unix or interrupts, events on Xen will not be lost.
If a event cannot be handled right now, it will be pushed in a queue
and wait for being handled.

However, it seems that some events are lost in my experiment. I build
an interdomain event channel between two DomUs, and sender domain
sends events to receiver domain every 5ms. The sender sends 20000
events in about 100s, but the receiver only gets 19999 or less events.
But if I slow down the speed of sending events, the receiver can get
the right number.

In my irq handler, I use disable_irq() and enable_irq(). Will that
block the delivery of events?
And could someone explain how events are handled by the hypervisor
when it is not handled at once? And are there some tips on how to
write good code to handle the right number of events?

Thanks!