Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Xen: Users

Problems centos6/xen/pci passthrough

 

 

Xen users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


mangel at gmx

Mar 24, 2012, 2:28 AM

Post #1 of 8 (635 views)
Permalink
Problems centos6/xen/pci passthrough

Hi All

I have a problem with xen and pci passthrough...
I have centos 6 with xen here. Xen Pkgs from http://www.crc.id.au/
Kernel Pkgs from http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml
(3.3.0-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64) in dom0/U.

I hide the PCI ID's with kernel parameter:
'xen-pciback.hide=(08:02.0)(08:02.1)' and load after boot the backend
module with: 'modprobe xen-pciback'

'll /sys/module/xen_pciback/drivers/pci\:pciback/' shows:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Mar 24 10:20 0000:08:02.0 ->
../../../../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1e.0/0000:08:02.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Mar 24 10:20 0000:08:02.1 ->
../../../../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1e.0/0000:08:02.1
--w------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 bind
-r-------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 irq_handlers
--w------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 irq_handler_state
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Mar 24 10:20 module ->
../../../../module/xen_pciback
--w------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 new_id
--w------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 new_slot
-rw------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 permissive
-rw------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 quirks
--w------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 remove_id
--w------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 remove_slot
-r-------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 slots
--w------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 uevent
--w------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 unbind

but with 'xm pci-list-assignable-devices' I see no output :/

I have configured the domU with: 'pci = [ '08:02.0', '08:02.1' ]' and I
see this if I create the domU:

Using config file "/etc/xen/furfur.cfg".
Started domain furfur (id=8)
Xen Minimal OS!
start_info: 0xaa0000(VA)
nr_pages: 0x20000
shared_inf: 0xbcf60000(MA)
pt_base: 0xaa3000(VA)
nr_pt_frames: 0x9
mfn_list: 0x9a0000(VA)
mod_start: 0x0(VA)
mod_len: 0
flags: 0x0
cmd_line: (hd0)/boot/grub/grub.conf
stack: 0x95f980-0x97f980
MM: Init
_text: 0x0(VA)
_etext: 0x6f9a4(VA)
_erodata: 0x89000(VA)
_edata: 0x91c60(VA)
stack start: 0x95f980(VA)
_end: 0x99ff80(VA)
start_pfn: aaf
max_pfn: 20000
Mapping memory range 0xc00000 - 0x20000000
setting 0x0-0x89000 readonly
skipped 0x1000
MM: Initialise page allocator for ba9000(ba9000)-20000000(20000000)
MM: done
Demand map pfns at 20001000-2020001000.
Heap resides at 2020002000-4020002000.
Initialising timer interface
Initialising console ... done.
gnttab_table mapped at 0x20001000.
Initialising scheduler
Thread "Idle": pointer: 0x2020002050, stack: 0xcc0000
Initialising xenbus
Thread "xenstore": pointer: 0x2020002800, stack: 0xcd0000
Dummy main: start_info=0x97fa80
Thread "main": pointer: 0x2020002fb0, stack: 0xce0000
Thread "pcifront": pointer: 0x2020003760, stack: 0xcf0000
"main" "(hd0)/boot/grub/grub.conf"
pcifront_watches: waiting for backend path to appear
device/pci/0/backend
vbd 51712 is hd0
******************* BLKFRONT for device/vbd/51712 **********


pcifront_watches: waiting for backend to get into the right state
/local/domain/0/backend/pci/8/0
******************* PCIFRONT for device/pci/0 **********


backend at /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/8/51712
backend at /local/domain/0/backend/pci/8/0
10485760 sectors of 512 bytes
**************************
vbd 51728 is hd1
******************* BLKFRONT for device/vbd/51728 **********


**************************
pcifront_watches: waiting for backend events
/local/domain/0/backend/pci/8/0/state
backend at /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/8/51728
2097152 sectors of 512 bytes
**************************
Thread "kbdfront": pointer: 0x2020131010, stack: 0xd00000
******************* FBFRONT for device/vfb/0 **********


******************* KBDFRONT for device/vkbd/0 **********


Failed to read device/vfb/0/backend-id.
Failed to read device/vkbd/0/backend-id.
error writing initialized: ENOENT

but after start it has no PCI support :( the xen-pcifront is compiled
in:

grep -i xen /boot/config-3.3.0-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64
CONFIG_XEN=y
CONFIG_XEN_DOM0=y
CONFIG_XEN_PRIVILEGED_GUEST=y
CONFIG_XEN_PVHVM=y
CONFIG_XEN_MAX_DOMAIN_MEMORY=500
CONFIG_XEN_SAVE_RESTORE=y
# CONFIG_XEN_DEBUG_FS is not set
CONFIG_PCI_XEN=y
CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_FRONTEND=m
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_BACKEND=m
CONFIG_NETXEN_NIC=m
CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_FRONTEND=m
CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_BACKEND=m
CONFIG_INPUT_XEN_KBDDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_HVC_XEN=y
CONFIG_XEN_WDT=m
CONFIG_XEN_FBDEV_FRONTEND=y
# Xen driver support
CONFIG_XEN_BALLOON=y
CONFIG_XEN_SELFBALLOONING=y
CONFIG_XEN_SCRUB_PAGES=y
CONFIG_XEN_DEV_EVTCHN=m
CONFIG_XEN_BACKEND=y
CONFIG_XENFS=m
CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_XENFS=y
CONFIG_XEN_SYS_HYPERVISOR=y
CONFIG_XEN_XENBUS_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_GNTDEV=m
CONFIG_XEN_GRANT_DEV_ALLOC=m
CONFIG_SWIOTLB_XEN=y
CONFIG_XEN_TMEM=y
CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND=m
CONFIG_XEN_PRIVCMD=m

PCI output of domU dmesg:

dmesg | grep PCI
Allocating PCI resources starting at 20800000 (gap: 20800000:df800000)
PCI: setting up Xen PCI frontend stub
PCI: pci_cache_line_size set to 64 bytes
PCI: System does not support PCI
PCI: System does not support PCI
PCI: max bus depth: 0 pci_try_num: 1
PCI: CLS 0 bytes, default 64

what can be the problem? what can I do?

can someone help?

TiA

--
Greetz

_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
Xen-users [at] lists
http://lists.xen.org/xen-users


tlviewer at yahoo

Mar 24, 2012, 12:44 PM

Post #2 of 8 (603 views)
Permalink
Re: Problems centos6/xen/pci passthrough [In reply to]

Hello,

It's possible that you need to load a handful of xen modules at startup inorder to create guests.

From what you posted below, I can't tell what's happening on dom0 boot.

Take a look at

find /lib/modules -name "xen*.ko" | grep 3.3

the results of the above find command need to setup here

cat>>/etc/rc.modules<<EOL
modprobe xenfs
modprobe xen-gntdev
(and so on)
EOL
chmod +x /etc/rc.modules



----- Original Message -----
From: Christoph Kaminski <mangel [at] gmx>
To: xen-users [at] lists
Cc:
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2012 2:28 AM
Subject: [Xen-users] Problems centos6/xen/pci passthrough

Hi All

I have a problem with xen and pci passthrough...
I have centos 6 with xen here. Xen Pkgs from http://www.crc.id.au/
Kernel Pkgs from http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml (3.3.0-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64) in dom0/U.


--
Mark


_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
Xen-users [at] lists
http://lists.xen.org/xen-users


mangel at gmx

Mar 25, 2012, 12:33 AM

Post #3 of 8 (594 views)
Permalink
Re: Problems centos6/xen/pci passthrough [In reply to]

have loaded all found xen modules... still the same problem with pci
passthrough

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 12:44:40 -0700 (PDT), Mark Pryor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It's possible that you need to load a handful of xen modules at
> startup inorder to create guests.
>
> From what you posted below, I can't tell what's happening on dom0
> boot.
>
> Take a look at
>
>   find /lib/modules -name "xen*.ko" | grep 3.3
>
> the results of the above find command need to setup here
>
> cat>>/etc/rc.modules<<EOL
> modprobe xenfs
> modprobe xen-gntdev
> (and so on)
> EOL
> chmod +x /etc/rc.modules
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Christoph Kaminski <mangel [at] gmx>
> To: xen-users [at] lists
> Cc:
> Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2012 2:28 AM
> Subject: [Xen-users] Problems centos6/xen/pci passthrough
>
> Hi All
>
> I have a problem with xen and pci passthrough...
> I have centos 6 with xen here. Xen Pkgs from http://www.crc.id.au/
> Kernel Pkgs from http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml
> (3.3.0-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64) in dom0/U.

--
Greetz

_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
Xen-users [at] lists
http://lists.xen.org/xen-users


mangel at gmx

Mar 26, 2012, 11:00 PM

Post #4 of 8 (590 views)
Permalink
Re: Problems centos6/xen/pci passthrough [In reply to]

no one a hint for me?

does someone use other pkgs for centos 6 where pci passthrough is
working?

On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 08:33:27 +0100, Christoph Kaminski wrote:
> have loaded all found xen modules... still the same problem with pci
> passthrough
>
> On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 12:44:40 -0700 (PDT), Mark Pryor wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> It's possible that you need to load a handful of xen modules at
>> startup inorder to create guests.
>>
>> From what you posted below, I can't tell what's happening on dom0
>> boot.
>>
>> Take a look at
>>
>>   find /lib/modules -name "xen*.ko" | grep 3.3
>>
>> the results of the above find command need to setup here
>>
>> cat>>/etc/rc.modules<<EOL
>> modprobe xenfs
>> modprobe xen-gntdev
>> (and so on)
>> EOL
>> chmod +x /etc/rc.modules
>>
>>
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: Christoph Kaminski <mangel [at] gmx>
>> To: xen-users [at] lists
>> Cc:
>> Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2012 2:28 AM
>> Subject: [Xen-users] Problems centos6/xen/pci passthrough
>>
>> Hi All
>>
>> I have a problem with xen and pci passthrough...
>> I have centos 6 with xen here. Xen Pkgs from http://www.crc.id.au/
>> Kernel Pkgs from http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml
>> (3.3.0-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64) in dom0/U.

--
Greetz

_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
Xen-users [at] lists
http://lists.xen.org/xen-users


davidshen84 at gmail

Apr 11, 2012, 9:14 PM

Post #5 of 8 (558 views)
Permalink
Re: Problems centos6/xen/pci passthrough [In reply to]

Have you tried xen-pciback.hide=(0000:08:02.0)(0000:**08:02.1) ? I do not
know why the prefixing '0000:' is missing on any Xen Wiki page; but most
people say it is required.


On Tuesday, March 27, 2012, Christoph Kaminski wrote:

> no one a hint for me?
>
> does someone use other pkgs for centos 6 where pci passthrough is working?
>
> On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 08:33:27 +0100, Christoph Kaminski wrote:
>
>> have loaded all found xen modules... still the same problem with pci
>> passthrough
>>
>> On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 12:44:40 -0700 (PDT), Mark Pryor wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> It's possible that you need to load a handful of xen modules at
>>> startup inorder to create guests.
>>>
>>> From what you posted below, I can't tell what's happening on dom0 boot.
>>>
>>> Take a look at
>>>
>>> find /lib/modules -name "xen*.ko" | grep 3.3
>>>
>>> the results of the above find command need to setup here
>>>
>>> cat>>/etc/rc.modules<<EOL
>>> modprobe xenfs
>>> modprobe xen-gntdev
>>> (and so on)
>>> EOL
>>> chmod +x /etc/rc.modules
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>> From: Christoph Kaminski <mangel [at] gmx>
>>> To: xen-users [at] lists
>>> Cc:
>>> Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2012 2:28 AM
>>> Subject: [Xen-users] Problems centos6/xen/pci passthrough
>>>
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> I have a problem with xen and pci passthrough...
>>> I have centos 6 with xen here. Xen Pkgs from http://www.crc.id.au/
>>> Kernel Pkgs from http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-**ml<http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml>
>>> (3.3.0-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64) in dom0/U.
>>>
>>
> --
> Greetz
>
> ______________________________**_________________
> Xen-users mailing list
> Xen-users [at] lists
> http://lists.xen.org/xen-users



--
Regards,
David Shen

http://about.me/davidshen
https://twitter.com/#!/davidshen84


cdelorme at gmail

Apr 11, 2012, 9:59 PM

Post #6 of 8 (550 views)
Permalink
Re: Problems centos6/xen/pci passthrough [In reply to]

Coming from Debian so I don't know if my experiences are a 1 to 1 map, but
it looks like you are loading pciback after the system boots, which is too
late since the device drivers have already loaded.

The purpose of pciback is to load with the system before the devices are
initialized and the system loads the drivers. From the reading I've found
you supposedly have to rebuild your initrd with pciback for it to load at
boot time:

http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/linux-lotus-domino/centos-5-and-pciback-aka-hiding-pci-card-from-xen-dom0/

For that reason my solution has been to just compile a kernel with pciback
"built-in", since I have had no luck with the module approach.

Most of the guides I have read mention pci stub scripts, which I believe is
a different utility from pciback.


Also, on Debian the domain is not required for hiding or passing pci
devices (in reference to the lspci format "domain:bus:slot.function" not
the Xen domain).

I hope that helps,

~Casey


On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 12:14 AM, Xi Shen <davidshen84 [at] gmail> wrote:

> Have you tried xen-pciback.hide=(0000:08:02.0)(0000:**08:02.1) ? I do
> not know why the prefixing '0000:' is missing on any Xen Wiki page; but
> most people say it is required.
>
>
> On Tuesday, March 27, 2012, Christoph Kaminski wrote:
>
>> no one a hint for me?
>>
>> does someone use other pkgs for centos 6 where pci passthrough is working?
>>
>> On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 08:33:27 +0100, Christoph Kaminski wrote:
>>
>>> have loaded all found xen modules... still the same problem with pci
>>> passthrough
>>>
>>> On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 12:44:40 -0700 (PDT), Mark Pryor wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> It's possible that you need to load a handful of xen modules at
>>>> startup inorder to create guests.
>>>>
>>>> From what you posted below, I can't tell what's happening on dom0 boot.
>>>>
>>>> Take a look at
>>>>
>>>> find /lib/modules -name "xen*.ko" | grep 3.3
>>>>
>>>> the results of the above find command need to setup here
>>>>
>>>> cat>>/etc/rc.modules<<EOL
>>>> modprobe xenfs
>>>> modprobe xen-gntdev
>>>> (and so on)
>>>> EOL
>>>> chmod +x /etc/rc.modules
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>> From: Christoph Kaminski <mangel [at] gmx>
>>>> To: xen-users [at] lists
>>>> Cc:
>>>> Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2012 2:28 AM
>>>> Subject: [Xen-users] Problems centos6/xen/pci passthrough
>>>>
>>>> Hi All
>>>>
>>>> I have a problem with xen and pci passthrough...
>>>> I have centos 6 with xen here. Xen Pkgs from http://www.crc.id.au/
>>>> Kernel Pkgs from http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-**ml<http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml>
>>>> (3.3.0-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64) in dom0/U.
>>>>
>>>
>> --
>> Greetz
>>
>> ______________________________**_________________
>> Xen-users mailing list
>> Xen-users [at] lists
>> http://lists.xen.org/xen-users
>
>
>
> --
> Regards,
> David Shen
>
> http://about.me/davidshen
> https://twitter.com/#!/davidshen84
>
> _______________________________________________
> Xen-users mailing list
> Xen-users [at] lists
> http://lists.xen.org/xen-users
>


mangel at gmx

Apr 13, 2012, 9:17 AM

Post #7 of 8 (535 views)
Permalink
Re: Problems centos6/xen/pci passthrough [In reply to]

it seems to be a problem with pv-grub. If I start it without pv-grub,
directly with set kernel/ramdisk/extra options then it works...

any solutions for it?

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 10:28:49 +0100, Christoph Kaminski wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have a problem with xen and pci passthrough...
> I have centos 6 with xen here. Xen Pkgs from http://www.crc.id.au/
> Kernel Pkgs from http://elrepo.org/tiki/kernel-ml
> (3.3.0-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64) in dom0/U.
>
> I hide the PCI ID's with kernel parameter:
> 'xen-pciback.hide=(08:02.0)(08:02.1)' and load after boot the backend
> module with: 'modprobe xen-pciback'
>
> 'll /sys/module/xen_pciback/drivers/pci\:pciback/' shows:
>
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Mar 24 10:20 0000:08:02.0 ->
> ../../../../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1e.0/0000:08:02.0
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Mar 24 10:20 0000:08:02.1 ->
> ../../../../devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1e.0/0000:08:02.1
> --w------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 bind
> -r-------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 irq_handlers
> --w------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 irq_handler_state
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Mar 24 10:20 module ->
> ../../../../module/xen_pciback
> --w------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 new_id
> --w------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 new_slot
> -rw------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 permissive
> -rw------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 quirks
> --w------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 remove_id
> --w------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 remove_slot
> -r-------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 slots
> --w------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 uevent
> --w------- 1 root root 4096 Mar 24 10:20 unbind
>
> but with 'xm pci-list-assignable-devices' I see no output :/
>
> I have configured the domU with: 'pci = [ '08:02.0', '08:02.1' ]' and
> I see this if I create the domU:
>
> Using config file "/etc/xen/furfur.cfg".
> Started domain furfur (id=8)
> Xen Minimal OS!
> start_info: 0xaa0000(VA)
> nr_pages: 0x20000
> shared_inf: 0xbcf60000(MA)
> pt_base: 0xaa3000(VA)
> nr_pt_frames: 0x9
> mfn_list: 0x9a0000(VA)
> mod_start: 0x0(VA)
> mod_len: 0
> flags: 0x0
> cmd_line: (hd0)/boot/grub/grub.conf
> stack: 0x95f980-0x97f980
> MM: Init
> _text: 0x0(VA)
> _etext: 0x6f9a4(VA)
> _erodata: 0x89000(VA)
> _edata: 0x91c60(VA)
> stack start: 0x95f980(VA)
> _end: 0x99ff80(VA)
> start_pfn: aaf
> max_pfn: 20000
> Mapping memory range 0xc00000 - 0x20000000
> setting 0x0-0x89000 readonly
> skipped 0x1000
> MM: Initialise page allocator for ba9000(ba9000)-20000000(20000000)
> MM: done
> Demand map pfns at 20001000-2020001000.
> Heap resides at 2020002000-4020002000.
> Initialising timer interface
> Initialising console ... done.
> gnttab_table mapped at 0x20001000.
> Initialising scheduler
> Thread "Idle": pointer: 0x2020002050, stack: 0xcc0000
> Initialising xenbus
> Thread "xenstore": pointer: 0x2020002800, stack: 0xcd0000
> Dummy main: start_info=0x97fa80
> Thread "main": pointer: 0x2020002fb0, stack: 0xce0000
> Thread "pcifront": pointer: 0x2020003760, stack: 0xcf0000
> "main" "(hd0)/boot/grub/grub.conf"
> pcifront_watches: waiting for backend path to appear
> device/pci/0/backend
> vbd 51712 is hd0
> ******************* BLKFRONT for device/vbd/51712 **********
>
>
> pcifront_watches: waiting for backend to get into the right state
> /local/domain/0/backend/pci/8/0
> ******************* PCIFRONT for device/pci/0 **********
>
>
> backend at /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/8/51712
> backend at /local/domain/0/backend/pci/8/0
> 10485760 sectors of 512 bytes
> **************************
> vbd 51728 is hd1
> ******************* BLKFRONT for device/vbd/51728 **********
>
>
> **************************
> pcifront_watches: waiting for backend events
> /local/domain/0/backend/pci/8/0/state
> backend at /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/8/51728
> 2097152 sectors of 512 bytes
> **************************
> Thread "kbdfront": pointer: 0x2020131010, stack: 0xd00000
> ******************* FBFRONT for device/vfb/0 **********
>
>
> ******************* KBDFRONT for device/vkbd/0 **********
>
>
> Failed to read device/vfb/0/backend-id.
> Failed to read device/vkbd/0/backend-id.
> error writing initialized: ENOENT
>
> but after start it has no PCI support :( the xen-pcifront is compiled
> in:
>
> grep -i xen /boot/config-3.3.0-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64
> CONFIG_XEN=y
> CONFIG_XEN_DOM0=y
> CONFIG_XEN_PRIVILEGED_GUEST=y
> CONFIG_XEN_PVHVM=y
> CONFIG_XEN_MAX_DOMAIN_MEMORY=500
> CONFIG_XEN_SAVE_RESTORE=y
> # CONFIG_XEN_DEBUG_FS is not set
> CONFIG_PCI_XEN=y
> CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_FRONTEND=y
> CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_FRONTEND=m
> CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_BACKEND=m
> CONFIG_NETXEN_NIC=m
> CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_FRONTEND=m
> CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_BACKEND=m
> CONFIG_INPUT_XEN_KBDDEV_FRONTEND=y
> CONFIG_HVC_XEN=y
> CONFIG_XEN_WDT=m
> CONFIG_XEN_FBDEV_FRONTEND=y
> # Xen driver support
> CONFIG_XEN_BALLOON=y
> CONFIG_XEN_SELFBALLOONING=y
> CONFIG_XEN_SCRUB_PAGES=y
> CONFIG_XEN_DEV_EVTCHN=m
> CONFIG_XEN_BACKEND=y
> CONFIG_XENFS=m
> CONFIG_XEN_COMPAT_XENFS=y
> CONFIG_XEN_SYS_HYPERVISOR=y
> CONFIG_XEN_XENBUS_FRONTEND=y
> CONFIG_XEN_GNTDEV=m
> CONFIG_XEN_GRANT_DEV_ALLOC=m
> CONFIG_SWIOTLB_XEN=y
> CONFIG_XEN_TMEM=y
> CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_BACKEND=m
> CONFIG_XEN_PRIVCMD=m
>
> PCI output of domU dmesg:
>
> dmesg | grep PCI
> Allocating PCI resources starting at 20800000 (gap:
> 20800000:df800000)
> PCI: setting up Xen PCI frontend stub
> PCI: pci_cache_line_size set to 64 bytes
> PCI: System does not support PCI
> PCI: System does not support PCI
> PCI: max bus depth: 0 pci_try_num: 1
> PCI: CLS 0 bytes, default 64
>
> what can be the problem? what can I do?
>
> can someone help?
>
> TiA

--
Greetz

_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
Xen-users [at] lists
http://lists.xen.org/xen-users


mangel at gmx

Apr 20, 2012, 12:01 AM

Post #8 of 8 (510 views)
Permalink
Re: Problems centos6/xen/pci passthrough [In reply to]

can someone confirm that it is a bug?

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 18:17:59 +0200, Christoph Kaminski wrote:
> it seems to be a problem with pv-grub. If I start it without pv-grub,
> directly with set kernel/ramdisk/extra options then it works...
>
> any solutions for it?
>

--
Greetz

_______________________________________________
Xen-users mailing list
Xen-users [at] lists
http://lists.xen.org/xen-users

Xen users RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.