Mailing List Archive: Xen: Research
Changing EPT Level to 4?

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

oliverconde4 at gmail

Feb 9, 2012, 7:29 AM

Changing EPT Level to 4?

Hi all

I am experimenting with Xen and I tried to change the EPT level from 3 to 4.
so in xen/include/asm-x86/hvm/vmx/vmcs.h I changed the value of ept_wl from
3 to 4.

Unfortunately Windows 7 can no longer boot with the change.

Is this expected?
What could be the problem?
Is there a workaround for this?

I would be willing to invest some time coding a fix for this, without
pointers or hints though it might take a lot longer though...

Thanks in advance and kind regards,
Oliver

Subject User Time
Changing EPT Level to 4? oliverconde4 at gmail Feb 9, 2012, 7:29 AM