Mailing List Archive: Xen: Research

Custom Xen Real-Time Scheduler

Xen research RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

stockingpaul at hotmail

Jun 18, 2009, 11:42 AM

Custom Xen Real-Time Scheduler

Hi All,

I am beginning work on a real time scheduler for Xen. I am wanting to
prioritise which domain to run on the outstanding time before a domain will
be interrupted, either by the periodic timer in Xen or any outstanding one
shot timers that the domain has registered.

I have just started and i was wondering if someone could give me an overview
of the one shot timer process, ie where the hypercall enters the kernel and
stores the outstanding requests from the domains.

I realise that this may be obvious to people out there who know the code
backwards however as i have just started it is a little daunting at the
moment.

Thanks

Paul

stockingpaul at hotmail

Jun 18, 2009, 11:42 AM

Custom Xen Real-Time Scheduler [In reply to]

Hi All,

I am beginning work on a real time scheduler for Xen. I am wanting to
prioritise which domain to run on the outstanding time before a domain will
be interrupted, either by the periodic timer in Xen or any outstanding one
shot timers that the domain has registered.

I have just started and i was wondering if someone could give me an overview
of the one shot timer process, ie where the hypercall enters the kernel and
stores the outstanding requests from the domains.

I realise that this may be obvious to people out there who know the code
backwards however as i have just started it is a little daunting at the
moment.

Thanks

Paul

stockingpaul at hotmail

Jun 18, 2009, 11:44 AM

Custom Xen Real-Time Scheduler [In reply to]

Hi All,

I am beginning work on a real time scheduler for Xen. I am wanting to
prioritise which domain to run on the outstanding time before a domain will
be interrupted, either by the periodic timer in Xen or any outstanding one
shot timers that the domain has registered.

I have just started and i was wondering if someone could give me an overview
of the one shot timer process, ie where the hypercall enters the kernel and
stores the outstanding requests from the domains.

I realise that this may be obvious to people out there who know the code
backwards however as i have just started it is a little daunting at the
moment.

Thanks

Paul

stockingpaul at hotmail

Jun 18, 2009, 11:45 AM

Custom Xen Real-Time Scheduler [In reply to]

Hi All,

I am beginning work on a real time scheduler for Xen. I am wanting to
prioritise which domain to run on the outstanding time before a domain will
be interrupted, either by the periodic timer in Xen or any outstanding one
shot timers that the domain has registered.

I have just started and i was wondering if someone could give me an overview
of the one shot timer process, ie where the hypercall enters the kernel and
stores the outstanding requests from the domains.

I realise that this may be obvious to people out there who know the code
backwards however as i have just started it is a little daunting at the
moment.

Thanks

Paul

stockingpaul at hotmail

Jun 18, 2009, 11:46 AM

Custom Xen Real-Time Scheduler [In reply to]

Hi All,

I am beginning work on a real time scheduler for Xen. I am wanting to
prioritise which domain to run on the outstanding time before a domain will
be interrupted, either by the periodic timer in Xen or any outstanding one
shot timers that the domain has registered.

I have just started and i was wondering if someone could give me an overview
of the one shot timer process, ie where the hypercall enters the kernel and
stores the outstanding requests from the domains.

I realise that this may be obvious to people out there who know the code
backwards however as i have just started it is a little daunting at the
moment.

Thanks

Paul

stockingpaul at hotmail