Mailing List Archive: Xen: Introspect

vm-introspection-tools

Xen introspect RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

simon at gottschlag

Dec 5, 2009, 9:53 AM

vm-introspection-tools

Hello everybody!

I've been trying to build xci for a while now, but I got a problem.
It looks like the git-mirror where vm-introspection-tools is located (git://
git.uk.xensource.com/xenclient/vm-introspection-tools.git) isn't working.

I'm wondering if there is, by any chance, another mirror where I can get it
so I can continue my build?

I hope I've posted at the right place, since this is the only place I've
found that would have an idea about this.

Greetings,
Simon

bryan at thepaynes

Dec 5, 2009, 11:50 AM

Re: vm-introspection-tools [In reply to]

Simon,

> I've been trying to build xci for a while now, but I got a problem.
> It looks like the git-mirror where vm-introspection-tools is located
> (git://git.uk.xensource.com/xenclient/vm-introspection-tools.git) isn't
> working.
>
> I'm wondering if there is, by any chance, another mirror where I can get it
> so I can continue my build?

I noticed that the other day when building XCI, too. From what I can
tell, it looks like they are taking steps to include XenAccess into
the XCI build, but it's not all there yet. You can snag the XenAccess
source code at http://www.xenaccess.org. But, if you don't need
introspection abilities, then you can also just turn off that feature
in the build.

-bryan

simon at gottschlag

Dec 5, 2009, 12:02 PM

Re: vm-introspection-tools [In reply to]

Hi Bryan!

Thank you so much for your reply.

I did in fact add the xenaccess package, and it worked until it came to
vm-introspection-tools.
Could you tell me what content i should add to
/usr/src/build/packages/xenclient/vm-introspection-tools/ ?
(maybe is package instead of packages).

Greetings,
Simon

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Bryan D. Payne <bryan [at] thepaynes> wrote:

> Simon,
>
> > I've been trying to build xci for a while now, but I got a problem.
> > It looks like the git-mirror where vm-introspection-tools is located
> > (git://git.uk.xensource.com/xenclient/vm-introspection-tools.git) isn't
> > working.
> >
> > I'm wondering if there is, by any chance, another mirror where I can get
> it
> > so I can continue my build?
>
> I noticed that the other day when building XCI, too. From what I can
> tell, it looks like they are taking steps to include XenAccess into
> the XCI build, but it's not all there yet. You can snag the XenAccess
> source code at http://www.xenaccess.org. But, if you don't need
> introspection abilities, then you can also just turn off that feature
> in the build.
>
> -bryan

bryan at thepaynes

Dec 5, 2009, 1:03 PM

Re: vm-introspection-tools [In reply to]

> I did in fact add the xenaccess package, and it worked until it came to
> vm-introspection-tools.
> Could you tell me what content i should add to
> /usr/src/build/packages/xenclient/vm-introspection-tools/ ?
> (maybe is package instead of packages).

That's a good question :-) I'm not sure what tools they are talking
about, but would be interested in finding out. Perhaps this could be
answered better on xen-devel?

-bryan

simon at gottschlag

Dec 5, 2009, 1:07 PM

Re: vm-introspection-tools [In reply to]

Yeah, I'll give it a try with the stuff I find at xenaccess.
If I don't get it right, maybe I'll try xen-devel :)

Greetings,
Simon