Mailing List Archive: Xen: Introspect
Re: Status Update

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

Tim.Deegan at citrix

Jun 4, 2009, 3:02 AM

Re: Status Update [In reply to]

At 15:37 +0100 on 03 Jun (1244043432), Ian Pratt wrote:
> I'd very much like to see the ability to add type-codes to pages that
> enable synchronous and asynchronous triggers[*] to be delivered to a
> "monitor application" when pages are accessed, written, or
> executed[**]. These events can be captured through a fairly simple
> modification to the HAP and shadow code, and then delivered to the
> nominated monitor application in a manner very similar to the
> mechanism used for delivering IO and MMIO events to qemu-dm.

Yes, I've wanted to do this sort of thing for years. Part of it is
already being developed as part of Patrick Colp's paging patches
(i.e. synchronous alerts that a guest page is missing). Adding other
similar types later will be straightforward.

Cheers,

Tim.

--
Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan [at] citrix>
Principal Software Engineer, Citrix Systems (R&D) Ltd.