Login | Register For Free | Help
Search for: (Advanced)

Mailing List Archive: Xen: Devel

[ANNOUNCE] backports for 4.0.4 and 4.1.3 stable releases

 

 

Xen devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded


Ian.Campbell at citrix

Apr 12, 2012, 9:30 AM

Post #1 of 12 (310 views)
Permalink
[ANNOUNCE] backports for 4.0.4 and 4.1.3 stable releases

The time has come for another round of stable releases.

Please send (or resend) any outstanding backport requests for 4.0.4 and
4.1.3 before Friday 20 April.

Note that 4.0.4 will likely be the last release in the 4.0.x branch.

Ian.



_______________________________________________
Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel [at] lists
http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel


JBeulich at suse

Apr 13, 2012, 12:50 AM

Post #2 of 12 (296 views)
Permalink
Re: [ANNOUNCE] backports for 4.0.4 and 4.1.3 stable releases [In reply to]

>>> On 12.04.12 at 18:30, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell [at] citrix> wrote:
> The time has come for another round of stable releases.
>
> Please send (or resend) any outstanding backport requests for 4.0.4 and
> 4.1.3 before Friday 20 April.

4.1:
24996:396801f25e92

4.1 and 4.0:
25098:2e45b26bc412 + 25099:4bd752a4cdf3
25101:f06ff3dfde08

4.1 backports attached (apply with some offsets, since they're taken
directly form our SLE11 SP2 tree).

Jan
Attachments: 24996-x86-cpuidle-array-overrun.patch (4.86 KB)
  25098-x86-emul-lock-UD.patch (2.64 KB)
  25101-x86-hpet-disable.patch (3.37 KB)


stefano.stabellini at eu

Apr 13, 2012, 4:08 AM

Post #3 of 12 (296 views)
Permalink
Re: [ANNOUNCE] backports for 4.0.4 and 4.1.3 stable releases [In reply to]

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012, Ian Campbell wrote:
> The time has come for another round of stable releases.
>
> Please send (or resend) any outstanding backport requests for 4.0.4 and
> 4.1.3 before Friday 20 April.
>
> Note that 4.0.4 will likely be the last release in the 4.0.x branch.

For 4.1.x:

289eb8848224efb649dc42a9bb3c086553cc2922 qemu-xen-traditional: QDISK fixes
f8d95ca183c7d6072c2871588bde1fef7c601e22 qemu-xen-traditional: use O_DIRECT to open disk images with QDISK
bbe85879171f78463f777c1e47273de24d8a64ce qemu-xen-traditional: use O_DIRECT to open disk images for IDE

_______________________________________________
Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel [at] lists
http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel


giamteckchoon at gmail

Apr 18, 2012, 1:44 PM

Post #4 of 12 (294 views)
Permalink
Re: [ANNOUNCE] backports for 4.0.4 and 4.1.3 stable releases [In reply to]

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 12:30 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell [at] citrix> wrote:
> The time has come for another round of stable releases.
>
> Please send (or resend) any outstanding backport requests for 4.0.4 and
> 4.1.3 before Friday 20 April.

I don't know whether can non-commit xen-unstable be considered for
backport so I am trying since deadline is before coming Friday 20
April 2012.

libxl/xend: name tap devices with a xentap prefix

Reference: http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-04/msg01223.html

My backport has a modification as stated in
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-04/msg01374.html
about the line:

vifname = "xen-" + vifname

to:

vifname = "xentap-" + vifname

The backport patch is attached and tested with xen-4.1-testing
changeset 23283:494aa5ecd2e1 using xm and xl.

Thanks.

Kindest regards,
Giam Teck Choon
Attachments: rename-net-tap-to-xentap.patch (4.37 KB)


JBeulich at suse

Apr 24, 2012, 2:19 AM

Post #5 of 12 (288 views)
Permalink
Re: [ANNOUNCE] backports for 4.0.4 and 4.1.3 stable releases [In reply to]

>>> On 12.04.12 at 18:30, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell [at] citrix> wrote:
> The time has come for another round of stable releases.
>
> Please send (or resend) any outstanding backport requests for 4.0.4 and
> 4.1.3 before Friday 20 April.

As there were no -rc1's so far anyway, I'd like to additionally propose
the first hunk of 25168:d5f9005dfc4a for 4.1.

Further candidates, though more involved in terms of what
they change, appear to be 25191:a95fc7decc83,
25195:a06e6cdeafe3, and 25196:375fa55c7a6c.

Jan


_______________________________________________
Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel [at] lists
http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel


keir at xen

Apr 24, 2012, 2:53 AM

Post #6 of 12 (288 views)
Permalink
Re: [ANNOUNCE] backports for 4.0.4 and 4.1.3 stable releases [In reply to]

On 24/04/2012 10:19, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich [at] suse> wrote:

>>>> On 12.04.12 at 18:30, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell [at] citrix> wrote:
>> The time has come for another round of stable releases.
>>
>> Please send (or resend) any outstanding backport requests for 4.0.4 and
>> 4.1.3 before Friday 20 April.
>
> As there were no -rc1's so far anyway, I'd like to additionally propose
> the first hunk of 25168:d5f9005dfc4a for 4.1.

I've now done this.

> Further candidates, though more involved in terms of what
> they change, appear to be 25191:a95fc7decc83,
> 25195:a06e6cdeafe3, and 25196:375fa55c7a6c.

Maybe. They're quite big though.

-- Keir

> Jan
>



_______________________________________________
Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel [at] lists
http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel


Ian.Jackson at eu

Apr 24, 2012, 9:42 AM

Post #7 of 12 (288 views)
Permalink
Re: [ANNOUNCE] backports for 4.0.4 and 4.1.3 stable releases [In reply to]

Stefano Stabellini writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [ANNOUNCE] backports for 4.0.4 and 4.1.3 stable releases"):
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2012, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > The time has come for another round of stable releases.
> >
> > Please send (or resend) any outstanding backport requests for 4.0.4 and
> > 4.1.3 before Friday 20 April.
> >
> > Note that 4.0.4 will likely be the last release in the 4.0.x branch.
>
> For 4.1.x:
>
> 289eb8848224efb649dc42a9bb3c086553cc2922 qemu-xen-traditional: QDISK fixes
> f8d95ca183c7d6072c2871588bde1fef7c601e22 qemu-xen-traditional: use O_DIRECT to open disk images with QDISK
> bbe85879171f78463f777c1e47273de24d8a64ce qemu-xen-traditional: use O_DIRECT to open disk images for IDE

These are not yet in -unstable. I will backport them when they are
provided we get a test push with them...

Ian.

_______________________________________________
Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel [at] lists
http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel


malcolm.crossley at citrix

Apr 26, 2012, 7:53 AM

Post #8 of 12 (281 views)
Permalink
Re: [ANNOUNCE] backports for 4.0.4 and 4.1.3 stable releases [In reply to]

On 12/04/12 17:30, Ian Campbell wrote:
> The time has come for another round of stable releases.
>
> Please send (or resend) any outstanding backport requests for 4.0.4 and
> 4.1.3 before Friday 20 April.
>
> Note that 4.0.4 will likely be the last release in the 4.0.x branch.
>
> Ian.
Can 25242:b7ce6a88bebb, 24990:322300fd2ebd and 25058:f47d91cb0faa be
backported to 4.0 and 4.1?

Thanks,

Malcolm

_______________________________________________
Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel [at] lists
http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel


apxeng at gmail

Apr 27, 2012, 10:30 PM

Post #9 of 12 (275 views)
Permalink
Re: [ANNOUNCE] backports for 4.0.4 and 4.1.3 stable releases [In reply to]

On Apr 12, 2012 9:32 AM, "Ian Campbell" <Ian.Campbell [at] citrix> wrote:
>
> The time has come for another round of stable releases.
>
> Please send (or resend) any outstanding backport requests for 4.0.4 and
> 4.1.3 before Friday 20 April.
>
> Note that 4.0.4 will likely be the last release in the 4.0.x branch.
>

I know this comes late in the day but if possible please consider
25218:cf2de273869f, 25255:fd04ba0aa4fa and 25256:9dda0efd8ce1 for backport
to 4.1.3.

Thanks,
AP


keir at xen

May 1, 2012, 6:19 AM

Post #10 of 12 (270 views)
Permalink
Re: [ANNOUNCE] backports for 4.0.4 and 4.1.3 stable releases [In reply to]

On 26/04/2012 15:53, "Malcolm Crossley" <malcolm.crossley [at] citrix> wrote:

> On 12/04/12 17:30, Ian Campbell wrote:
>> The time has come for another round of stable releases.
>>
>> Please send (or resend) any outstanding backport requests for 4.0.4 and
>> 4.1.3 before Friday 20 April.
>>
>> Note that 4.0.4 will likely be the last release in the 4.0.x branch.
>>
>> Ian.
> Can 25242:b7ce6a88bebb, 24990:322300fd2ebd and 25058:f47d91cb0faa be
> backported to 4.0 and 4.1?

Done.

-- Keir

> Thanks,
>
> Malcolm
>
> _______________________________________________
> Xen-devel mailing list
> Xen-devel [at] lists
> http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel



_______________________________________________
Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel [at] lists
http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel


JBeulich at suse

May 2, 2012, 1:55 AM

Post #11 of 12 (273 views)
Permalink
Re: [ANNOUNCE] backports for 4.0.4 and 4.1.3 stable releases [In reply to]

>>> On 01.05.12 at 15:19, Keir Fraser <keir [at] xen> wrote:
> On 26/04/2012 15:53, "Malcolm Crossley" <malcolm.crossley [at] citrix> wrote:
>
>> On 12/04/12 17:30, Ian Campbell wrote:
>>> The time has come for another round of stable releases.
>>>
>>> Please send (or resend) any outstanding backport requests for 4.0.4 and
>>> 4.1.3 before Friday 20 April.
>>>
>>> Note that 4.0.4 will likely be the last release in the 4.0.x branch.
>>>
>>> Ian.
>> Can 25242:b7ce6a88bebb, 24990:322300fd2ebd and 25058:f47d91cb0faa be
>> backported to 4.0 and 4.1?
>
> Done.

Any plan then to tag RC1-s on both trees?

Jan


_______________________________________________
Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel [at] lists
http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel


keir.xen at gmail

May 2, 2012, 3:58 AM

Post #12 of 12 (273 views)
Permalink
Re: [ANNOUNCE] backports for 4.0.4 and 4.1.3 stable releases [In reply to]

On 02/05/2012 09:55, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich [at] suse> wrote:

>>>> On 01.05.12 at 15:19, Keir Fraser <keir [at] xen> wrote:
>> On 26/04/2012 15:53, "Malcolm Crossley" <malcolm.crossley [at] citrix> wrote:
>>
>>> On 12/04/12 17:30, Ian Campbell wrote:
>>>> The time has come for another round of stable releases.
>>>>
>>>> Please send (or resend) any outstanding backport requests for 4.0.4 and
>>>> 4.1.3 before Friday 20 April.
>>>>
>>>> Note that 4.0.4 will likely be the last release in the 4.0.x branch.
>>>>
>>>> Ian.
>>> Can 25242:b7ce6a88bebb, 24990:322300fd2ebd and 25058:f47d91cb0faa be
>>> backported to 4.0 and 4.1?
>>
>> Done.
>
> Any plan then to tag RC1-s on both trees?

Yes, we could do that this week I think.

-- Keir

> Jan
>



_______________________________________________
Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel [at] lists
http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel

Xen devel RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded
 
 


Interested in having your list archived? Contact Gossamer Threads
 
  Web Applications & Managed Hosting Powered by Gossamer Threads Inc.