Mailing List Archive: Xen: Community

Copy Contents from a storage device

Xen community RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

venkatraonannaka at gmail

Oct 30, 2010, 1:37 AM

Copy Contents from a storage device

HI,

I want to transfer the contents of one storage device attached to VM1 of Xen
to the storage device of VM2. Could you please tell me how we can do this on
Xen through some commands. I want to write a script to perform this action.

Thanks a lot in advance.

valentin at xenuser

Oct 30, 2010, 4:20 AM

Re: Copy Contents from a storage device [In reply to]

Good morning,

are both VMs running on the same host system?
If yes, simply shut down both VMs, mount everything you need and
transfer the stuff?

- Valentin

--
Valentin Höbel