Mailing List Archive: Xen: ARM

[Patch] ARM Versatile PB support

Xen arm RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

minsung at gatech

Nov 17, 2008, 8:23 AM

[Patch] ARM Versatile PB support

Hi all,

I am very pleased to submit new patch for platform support of XenARM.
This patch includes ARM Versatile Platform Board(PB) support codes and bug fix of XenARM.

The limitations of the patch are as follows:
- Supports only upper 64MB of RAM on board (0x04000000-0x08000000)
in order to avoid the conflict with domain creation codes in XenARM.
I expect the conflict will be resolved by XenARM maintainers in near future.
- Supports only the first Vector Interrupt Controller(VIC)

It also has been implemented and tested at the below environments
- QEMU 0.9.1
- u-boot 1.3.4

In addition, current version of QEMU doesn't support a flash memory and network interface of Versatile PB properly, so that you must apply patches into QEMU, and u-boot in order to use this . Please refer http://thomas.enix.org/Blog-20081002153859-Technologie about that.

For more details, you can find at $(XEN_ROOT)/xen/arch/arch-versatile/README.

Thank you,
Minsung

Minsung Jang
minsung [at] gatech

College of Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology
Attachments: patch-XenARM-versatilepb (87.2 KB)

minsung at gatech

Nov 18, 2008, 9:14 AM

Re: [Patch] ARM Versatile PB support [In reply to]

Hello, Parth,

What I use on qemu is
[minsung [at] acadi]$ qemu-system-arm -M versatilepb -m 192 -s -pflash flash.img

As you probably know, arguments means
-M: selection of board
-m: emulated memory size
-s: enabling debugging support
-pflash: use flash image as booting device

flash.img is a NOR flash image file that contains the binaries of u-boot(bootloader), XenARM, and MiniOS.
You can make your own flash.img by 'dd' command in Linux.

As I mentioned before, since QEMU does not emulate flash memory properly in some boards, for example, Versatile PB,
you must apply patches from http://thomas.enix.org/Blog-20081002153859-Technologie . After patching, you can use '-pflash' option.

Thank you.
Minsung