Mailing List Archive: Xen: ARM

[Xen-devel] Source code release for Xen on ARM and the associated access control (Secure Xen on ARM)

Xen arm RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

sbuk.suh at samsung

Jul 7, 2008, 3:39 AM

[Xen-devel] Source code release for Xen on ARM and the associated access control (Secure Xen on ARM)

Samsung Enterprise Portal mySingle Dear Xen developers,

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Sang-bum Suh who is

responsible for Secure Xen on ARM project in Samsung Electronics.

FYI, This is a copy of email sent to xen-community mail subscribers on 4th of July 2008.

I am happy to announce the release of source code for Secure Xen on ARM again by Xen mailing list.

This announcement was officially made in Xen Summit North America 2008 last week in Boston.

Secure Xen on ARM consists of Xen on ARM hypervisor, and the associated access control.

This release includes mini-OS.

I will do my best as the Xen-ARM maintainer and do release para-virtualized Linux by Q4 2008

after cleaning the source code as shown in roadmap.

Welcome Xen developers who are interested in making contributions to Secure Xen on ARM !

Please see at wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenARM.

Cheers,

Sang-bum

Title : Source code release for Secure Xen on ARM

Dear Xen community members,

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Sang-bum Suh who is

responsible for Secure Xen on ARM project in Samsung Electronics.

I am happy to announce the release of source code for Secure Xen on ARM again by Xen mailing list.

This announcement was officially made in Xen Summit North America 2008 last week in Boston.

Secure Xen on ARM consists of Xen on ARM hypervisor, the associated access control. This release

includes mini-OS.

Welcome Xen developers who are interested in making contributions to Secure Xen on ARM !

Please see at wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenARM.

Cheers,

Sang-bum

Sang-bum Suh, PhD

Virtualization Project Lead, Principal Engineer

Graphics & OS Group, Software Lab

SAIT, Samsung Electronics

email: sbuk.suh [at] samsung

Mobile: 82-(0)11-1704-5722

Daniel.Rossier at heig-vd

Jul 7, 2008, 7:18 AM

RE: Source code release for Xen on ARM and the associated access control (Secure Xen on ARM) [In reply to]

Thanks a lot Sang-bum for this great news!! We now will try to base our work on your port, and to see in the future if it would make sense to merge our repository with yours. We will send our contributions through this mailing list and keep you aware of our progress.
Please note that there is an existing XEN arm repository too at http://sourceforge.net/projects/embeddedxen which was intended to maintain a port of XEN on the Colibri/PXA270 machine. The work has been suspended for a couple of months, but we will now go ahead with this project and to explore XEN support for hard realtime extensions within Linux (such as Xenomai). For sure, we will start using the SAMSUNG's port as a basis.

> Secure Xen on ARM consists of Xen on ARM hypervisor, and the associated
> access control.
> This release includes mini-OS.
>
> I will do my best as the Xen-ARM maintainer and do release para-
> virtualized Linux by Q4 2008 after cleaning the source code as shown in
> roadmap.

We will also try to going ahead with a full Linux domU and drivers; again, we will keep the mailing list informed about our progress, and we would be happy if we could collaborate in parallel.
Do you think that it would be possible to release partial code from your side on this mailing list?

> Welcome Xen developers who are interested in making contributions to
> Secure Xen on ARM !
>
> Please see at wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenARM.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sang-bum

Daniel

sbuk.suh at samsung

Jul 8, 2008, 9:28 AM

Re: RE: Source code release for Xen on ARM and the associated access control (Secure Xen on ARM) [In reply to]

Samsung Enterprise Portal mySingle

Thanks for your interest on Secure Xen on ARM.

>> Secure Xen on ARM consists of Xen on ARM hypervisor, and the associated
>> access control.
>> This release includes mini-OS.
>>
>> I will do my best as the Xen-ARM maintainer and do release para-
>> virtualized Linux by Q4 2008 after cleaning the source code as shown in
>> roadmap.
>>

>We will also try to going ahead with a full Linux domU and drivers; again, we will keep the mailing list informed about our progress, and we would be happy if we could collaborate in parallel. >Do you think that it would be possible to release partial code from your side on this mailing list?

Presumaly, following the roadmap for the Secure Xen on ARM that has been set up at the Xen Summit is a reasonable policy.

So, I would like you to wait until Q4 for para-virtualized ARM Linux.

You could find the roadmap in the presentation in Xen Summit North America 2008 at wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenARM. .

>> Welcome Xen developers who are interested in making contributions to
>> Secure Xen on ARM !
>>
>> Please see at wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenARM.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Sang-bum

>Daniel

Sang-bum

Xen arm RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded