Mailing List Archive: Xen: API

XCP 1.6 fresh install, config does not exist in xenopsd

Xen api RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

alk at ondore

Feb 6, 2013, 9:50 PM

XCP 1.6 fresh install, config does not exist in xenopsd

Hello.

I just have installed XCP 1.6 on 4 identical machines. All four boots
fine, but they are giving me a wired error on the (serial) console, just
after the login prompt:

"The server failed to handle your request, due to an internal error.
The given message may give details useful for debugging the problem.
message: Object with type VM and id
e5080070-fb69-45dd-8462-fa7781acbc19/config does not exist in xenopsd"

The id e5080070-fb69-45dd-8462-fa7781acbc19 corresponds to the control
domain on this host. The install is very fresh, I have not joined my
nodes in a pool yet or made any other change. The install was automated
with a PXE boot and a very simple answers file. I can post the configs,
if relevant.

The error message is reproducible on every boot and after a re-install.
It is visible only on serial console, since the physical one is occupied
by xsconsole curses interface. I was unable to find the reference to
this error in the host's logs (did not knew what to look for?).

Everything appear to work normal, but this error is worrying me. Please
advice.

Thank you.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov

James.Bulpin at eu

Feb 7, 2013, 7:02 AM

Re: XCP 1.6 fresh install, config does not exist in xenopsd [In reply to]

Alexandre wrote:
> I just have installed XCP 1.6 on 4 identical machines. All four boots
> fine, but they are giving me a wired error on the (serial) console,
> just
> after the login prompt:
>
> "The server failed to handle your request, due to an internal error.
> The given message may give details useful for debugging the problem.
> message: Object with type VM and id
> e5080070-fb69-45dd-8462-fa7781acbc19/config does not exist in xenopsd"
>
> The id e5080070-fb69-45dd-8462-fa7781acbc19 corresponds to the control
> domain on this host. The install is very fresh, I have not joined my
> nodes in a pool yet or made any other change. The install was automated
> with a PXE boot and a very simple answers file. I can post the configs,
> if relevant.
>
> The error message is reproducible on every boot and after a re-install.
> It is visible only on serial console, since the physical one is
> occupied
> by xsconsole curses interface. I was unable to find the reference to
> this error in the host's logs (did not knew what to look for?).
>
> Everything appear to work normal, but this error is worrying me. Please
> advice.

This is a benign error - you can safely ignore it. It's because the
/opt/xensource/libexec/set-dom0-memory-target-from-packs script
is calling vm-memory-target-set on dom0 before dom0's metadata
is created in xenopsd. This is resolved since 1.6 by removing this
script which is no longer used (https://github.com/xen-org/xen-api/pull/946)

Regards,
James