Mailing List Archive: Xen: API

autostart vms

Xen api RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

ptomulik at meil

Aug 10, 2012, 2:38 PM

autostart vms

Hi,

what is currently the proper way to auto-poweron (at host boot) VMS
on a host which uses local storage (only)?

Regards!
--
Paweł Tomulik

denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems

Aug 13, 2012, 12:37 AM

Re: autostart vms [In reply to]

Hi Pawel,

> what is currently the proper way to auto-poweron (at host boot) VMS
> on a host which uses local storage (only)?

If you are not too concerned about the boot order of your VMs, then you
can set "start on boot" (or whatever it is called in xencenter) in the
vm property dialog box. It think should map to the following vm properties :

xe vm-param-list uuid=xxxxxxxx
actions-after-reboot ( RW): Restart

If the boot order matters, I usually write a small script that is called
in /etc/rc.local file.

Cheers,

Denis

--
Denis Cardon
Tranquil IT Systems

ptomulik at meil

Aug 13, 2012, 1:20 AM

Re: autostart vms [In reply to]

W dniu 13.08.2012 09:37, Denis Cardon pisze:
> Hi Pawel,
>
>> what is currently the proper way to auto-poweron (at host boot) VMS
>> on a host which uses local storage (only)?
>
> If you are not too concerned about the boot order of your VMs, then you
> can set "start on boot" (or whatever it is called in xencenter) in the
> vm property dialog box. It think should map to the following vm
> properties :
>
> xe vm-param-list uuid=xxxxxxxx
> actions-after-reboot ( RW): Restart
>
> If the boot order matters, I usually write a small script that is called
> in /etc/rc.local file.

Thanks,

do appliances (vApps) are used nowadays? Can they be used in xcp-xapi?

Regards!

--
Paweł Tomulik