Mailing List Archive: Xen: API

XenServer with DRBD / Pacemaker

Xen api RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

eross at locatrix

Jun 29, 2012, 1:38 PM

XenServer with DRBD / Pacemaker

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if anyone has done this, or is interested, but I've been
working on a side-project to create a Active/Passive VM on XenServer with
DRBD and automatic fail-over using Pacemaker. I started from Linbit's
instructions (ttp://www.linbit.com/fileadmin/tech-guides/xenserver-drbd.pdf)
in Section 4 and my goal is to automate their manual fail-over process.

Today I wrote a Pacemaker resource agent for XenServer VMs based on the Xen
agent. I expect it'd work just fine for XCP as well. I couldn't find one
anywhere to save my life, so hopefully I didn't do that necessarily.

Thought I'd share it in case it's helpful to anyone else, so here's a link:
http://download.locatrix.com/pacemaker/XenServerVM

I've tested it myself (and it passes ocf-tester), but that's a new piece of
experimental code and certainly comes with no warranty.

Next step will be a resource agent for handling the DRBD SR PBD plugging,
and then I'll see if I can string the whole thing together.

Cheers,
Andrew

Andrew Eross
CTO
Locatrix Communications

Xen api RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded