Mailing List Archive: Xen: API

LVM VHD block size

Xen api RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

george.shuklin at gmail

Feb 18, 2012, 8:23 PM

LVM VHD block size

Good day.

Which block size is in VHD inside LVM? Is any way to change it? (I'm
somehow worried about performance during COW operations...)

Thanks.

torushikeshj at gmail

Aug 19, 2012, 3:44 AM

Re: LVM VHD block size [In reply to]

Hi George,

May be late reply but for anyone who needs.
You can find whole info about a vhd with vhd-util.

The syntax would be "vhd-util read -n $VHD_Full_Path -p"

There are also other interesting options in vhd-util such as printing a
data block or finding BATMAP.

If you were able to change block size of LVM VHD, I would like to know your
findings wrt COW.

- Rishi