Mailing List Archive: Xen: API

Re: Xapi browsing tool/software

Xen api RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

pankaj.kumarbiswas at citrix

Jan 5, 2012, 2:25 AM

Re: Xapi browsing tool/software

Hi Team,
Do we have any source browsing tool for xapi (specially ocaml sources) ?? Since the source insight does not support .ml/.mli extensions. So I was wondering I can get some help here. I know about the open GROK but it a resource hungry stuff and it needs lots of RAM to run java processes.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
PANKAJ KUMAR BISWAS

mike.mcclurg at citrix

Jan 9, 2012, 1:23 AM

Re: Xapi browsing tool/software [In reply to]

On 05/01/12 10:25, Pankaj Kumar Biswas wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> Do we have any source browsing tool for xapi (specially ocaml sources)
> ?? Since the source insight does not support .ml/.mli extensions. So I
> was wondering I can get some help here. I know about the open GROK but
> it a resource hungry stuff and it needs lots of RAM to run java processes.
>
> Any help will be really appreciated.

I use emacs and vim for reading and writing code. They both have OCaml
modes (for emacs, get tuareg mode). Emacs also has Emacs Code Browsing
mode (ecb-mode), which is as close as emacs gets to an IDE like Visual
Studio or Eclipse.

If you really want to just browse code, Eclipse also has an OCaml mode.
But it's not very mature and I haven't had really good luck with it.
OCaml itself comes with a tool called ocamlbrowse, but I don't like that
much either and I don't think it's what you want.

Mike

pankaj.kumarbiswas at citrix

Jan 9, 2012, 1:32 AM

Re: Xapi browsing tool/software [In reply to]

Thanks a lot Mike for the information. I did not have had hands-on in emacs, I will use that now.

Pankaj