Mailing List Archive: Xen: API

XenDebian.py

Xen api RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

wawrzek.niewodniczanski at citrix

Jan 5, 2012, 3:00 AM

XenDebian.py

Hi,

Recently, I've needed to install many Debian VMs onto XenServers and of
course wanted to automate it. One of my collegues pointed that rather
use existing tools like Cobbler I should take opportunity of working
with world leading XenAPI developers and learnt it by writing some code.
I took that advice and started to write python script. Doing it I found
that XenAPI documentation is ... well ... no ideal. Therefore I spent
some more time on my program and tried to write the code clear and with
as many comments as possible, so other can learn from it and reuse it. I
hoped to write even more documentation (some tutorial) based on my
experiences, unfortunately I haven't had enough time.

Please find short XenDebian.py documentation on our wiki:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XenDebian.py and code on GitHub
https://github.com/wawrzek/XenDebian

Any comments more than welcome.
Thanks,
Wawrzek
--

Wawrzyniec (Wawrzek) NiewodniczaƄski - 01223 435603 (35603) - wawrzekn
System Administrator - Engineering Services Team (XenServer)

wawrzek.niewodniczanski at citrix

Jan 6, 2012, 5:45 AM

Re: XenDebian.py [In reply to]

On 01/05/12 11:00, Wawrzek Niewodniczanski wrote:
> Hi,
[...]
> Please find short XenDebian.py documentation on our wiki:
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XenDebian.py and code on GitHub
> https://github.com/wawrzek/XenDebian
>
> Any comments more than welcome.

Oh, one 'design' decision worthy explanation. If you wonder why I used
XMLRPClib directly rather than XenAPI python wrapper I just followed
suggestion from XAPI developers.

Thanks,
Wawrzek