Mailing List Archive: Xen: API
Re: [Xen-devel] Re: FT for XCP

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

rshriram at cs

Sep 28, 2011, 9:08 AM

Re: [Xen-devel] Re: FT for XCP

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 8:58 AM, R J <torushikeshj [at] gmail> wrote:

> Hello Mike,
>
> Thank you for suggestion. I would love to incorporate remus in xapi if
> thats possible.

Great. That would be certainly welcome. [I am not a fan of ocaml ;)]

Remus as its inbuilt logic of detecting checkpoint failure and taking
> decisions accordingly.
>
> I think there is remus support for xen 3.4

What matters is the toolstack.
a. I am not sure if the xe toolstack uses libxenguest (tools/libxc) and
if it does, then it should have the basic remus support already.

b. I am also not sure if it is recent enough to include all the remus bug
fixes that went in over the last 6 months.

What do you suggest as my next step ?

Most of the remus code is python based and completely self contained. It
just needs
the domU's info (disk paths & vifs) as an s-expression. There is only one
api call to
Xend- to obtain the domU's s-expression.

1. A quick and dirty way would be to change this single api call to xapi
equivalent
and obtain the s-expression, then you should have Remus running.

2. Another approach would be to re-write the toolstack code in ocaml - which
might
be easy. But make sure that ocaml can make netlink api calls.

shriram