Mailing List Archive: Xen: API

XCP host reboot (hangup)

Xen api RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

george.shuklin at gmail

Jul 31, 2011, 9:46 AM

XCP host reboot (hangup)

Good day.

On some configuration XCP sometimes hangs during reboot at last moment
(when kernel shell sends reboot command).

This is well-known issue with linux and it solving by "reboot=force"
kernel command line. I think there is no harm to add this line to 'xe'
boot option by default, because if some host hangs during reboot it will
take a long time before this will known by administrator and cause
additional 'strange' behavior if hanged host was a pool master.

Proposal: add reboot=force to 'xe' boot option in /boot/extlinux.conf.

Dave.Scott at eu

Aug 1, 2011, 12:50 AM

RE: XCP host reboot (hangup) [In reply to]

Hi George,

Simon (cc:d) is the guy that looks after XCP install and boot code, including /boot/extlinux.conf.

Simon, what do you think about adding a "reboot=force" operation as George suggests below?

Thanks,
Dave