Mailing List Archive: Xen: API
Constructors and Destructors on classes

Index | Next | Previous | View Flat

hetal.badheka at oracle

Mar 6, 2007, 7:36 AM

Constructors and Destructors on classes

Hello,

Does a constructor on class VM just create an instance of the class in
Xen's memory or does it actually provision a new VM and conversely, what
does a destructor do, delete the VM class instance from memory or
destroy a virtual machine?

The class "host" and "host_cpu" also have create and destroy methods on
them and since you can't create and destroy a physical host or a
physical cpu, I am guessing that the answer to my question above for VMs
is that the create and destroy methods just instantiate and destroy a
class instance and do not actually cause the provisioning and
decommissioning of a virtual machine.

Gurus, kindly explain..

Thanks,
Hetal