Mailing List Archive: Xen: Announce

[Xen-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Xen 3.2.0 released!

Xen announce RSS feed   Index | Next | Previous | View Threaded

Keir.Fraser at cl

Jan 16, 2008, 11:58 AM

[Xen-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Xen 3.2.0 released!

Folks,

We're pleased to announce the official release of Xen 3.2.0!

This has been a while coming, and represents the culmination of a lot of
work to improve architectural cleanliness 'under the hood', while also
providing a range of new user-visible features including:

- Xen Security Modules (XSM)
- ACPI S3 suspend-to-RAM support for the host system
- Preliminary PCI pass-through support (using appropriate Intel or AMD
I/O-virtualisation hardware)
- Preliminary support for a wider range of bootloaders in fully virtualised
(HVM) guests, using full emulation of x86 'real mode'.
- Faster emulation of standard (non-super) VGA modes for HVM guests
- Configurable timer modes for HVM guests, depending on how the guest OS
manages time-keeping
- Many other changes and enhancements across all supported machine
architectures

You can get the source using mercurial from:
http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-3.2-testing.hg

To extract your own source tarball:
# hg clone http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-3.2-testing.hg
# cd xen-3.2-testing.hg
# hg archive -t tgz -r RELEASE-3.2.0 ../xen-3.2.0.tar.gz

Pre-prepared source tarball and binary packages will soon be available from
the xen.org website.

Cheers,
Keir (on behalf of the whole Xen dev team)

Xen-devel [at] lists
http://lists.xensource.com/xen-devel

erenoglu at gmail

Jan 16, 2008, 1:05 PM

Re: [Xen-users] [ANNOUNCE] Xen 3.2.0 released! [In reply to]

Hi Keir,

Nice to hear this information. I've downloaded the sources yesterday night
and compiled them. Hope I'm bleeding edge now :)

Just one question, where can we download the "documentation" for Xen 3.2?
i.e. documentation about how to configure the below mentioned new features,
etc.

Thanks,

Emre

--
Emre Erenoglu
erenoglu [at] gmail

nkadel at gmail

Jan 16, 2008, 6:15 PM

Re: [Xen-users] [ANNOUNCE] Xen 3.2.0 released! [In reply to]

Keir Fraser wrote:
> Folks,
>
> We're pleased to announce the official release of Xen 3.2.0!

Cool beans!

What are the odds of getting the next published SRPM's to include the
same naming scheme and .spec file structure as RedHat uses, so that the
RHEL 4 and RHEL 5 packages have different names? And so that the %post
steps set up grub.conf the way it should be by default for Dom0 and DomU
automagically with the new changes in grubby by RedHat to support this?