German wiki software reverts?

brion at pobox

Aug 30, 2002, 3:51 PM

German wiki software reverts?

Yesterday I fixed a couple typos in LanguageDe.php (Portugiesisch and
Schwedisch were misspelled in the list of interlanguage links). I
committed the fixes to CVS, and copied the updated version onto the live
server, and everything was hunky-dory.

Today around 2 pm (PDT) somebody copied the old version back with
misspellings intact... I put the latest CVS version back in its place;
if there was a reason for the revert (such as other changes made),
please commit the changes to CVS and make sure a current, consistent
version is put on the live server.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

lcrocker at nupedia

Aug 30, 2002, 3:20 PM

Re: German wiki software reverts? [In reply to]

> Today around 2 pm (PDT) somebody copied the old version back with
> misspellings intact... I put the latest CVS version back in its
> place; if there was a reason for the revert (such as other changes
> made), please commit the changes to CVS and make sure a current,
> consistent version is put on the live server.

That may have been me--I made changes to that file today to fix
the "Benutzer_Diskussion" bug, and add the ISBN update. I'm
usually pretty good about keeping up with CVS, but I may have
dropped the ball on this one.

Magnus.Manske at t-online

Aug 31, 2002, 2:10 AM

Re: German wiki software reverts? [In reply to]

lcrocker [at] nupedia wrote:

>>Today around 2 pm (PDT) somebody copied the old version back with
>>misspellings intact... I put the latest CVS version back in its
>>place; if there was a reason for the revert (such as other changes
>>made), please commit the changes to CVS and make sure a current,
>>consistent version is put on the live server.
>>

>That may have been me--I made changes to that file today to fix
>the "Benutzer_Diskussion" bug, and add the ISBN update. I'm
>usually pretty good about keeping up with CVS, but I may have
>dropped the ball on this one.

I guess it might have been me as well - I noticed LanguageDe.php being
reverted to a *really* old version, with some additions. So, I changed
it back the the new version, with the fixes Lee made. Now I see it is
the same old (buggy) version again. I'll yet again bring it up-to-date,
and try to conserve your fixes, Brion.

OK, done. But I have no easy way to commit this to the CVS. *The version
currently in htdocs-de/w is the most recent one!* Please, commit it to
CVS, or at least don't replace it with that old version.

Magnus

brion at pobox

Aug 31, 2002, 12:08 PM

Re: German wiki software reverts? [In reply to]

Magnus Manske wrote:
> I guess it might have been me as well - I noticed LanguageDe.php being
> reverted to a *really* old version, with some additions. So, I changed
> it back the the new version, with the fixes Lee made. Now I see it is
> the same old (buggy) version again. I'll yet again bring it up-to-date,
> and try to conserve your fixes, Brion.

If you're going to change the live files and *not* update CVS, I highly
recommend telling the rest of us about it. I explicitly made my changes
against the CVS version on the assumption that there might be other changes.

> OK, done. But I have no easy way to commit this to the CVS.

Have you considered using the "cvs" command? ;) I just checked out a
second copy of the source in my home directory for my wikipedia.com
account, so I can bounce tweaks back and forth to the live directory
pretty easily.

> *The version
> currently in htdocs-de/w is the most recent one!* Please, commit it to
> CVS, or at least don't replace it with that old version.

Committed.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

gblanchard at arcsy

Sep 2, 2002, 6:44 PM

Re: German wiki software reverts? [In reply to]

Bonjour,
I don't seem to have right to add files in the CVS Wikipedia.
Someone can add the following dummies files from Language.php :

LanguageFr.php (France)
LanguageJa.php (Japan)
LanguageKo.php (Korea)

I would have the right to modify it, isn't it?
Have I to be added to the developers list ?
You can create empty files, I will create the extended class LanguageFr, ...
Thanks,

Guillaume

magnus.manske at epost

Sep 3, 2002, 4:06 AM

Re: German wiki software reverts? [In reply to]

Done.