daniel at brightbyte
Oct 15, 2012, 1:31 AM
Post #1 of 1
Wikidata update percolation
I have published a draft of how changes on the wikidata repository are going to
percolate to the client wikis:
Any feedback would be appreciated!
Of course, we are not starting this from scratch. We are currently implementing
a stripped down, naive version of the draft. Basically, it works like this:
* Each change on the repository is recorded in the changes table.
* On each client wiki, a poll script periodically checks the changes table.
* The polling script maintains a local copy of the latest version of each data
entity on each cluster used by client wikis.
* If any page on the wiki is affected by the change, an entry representing that
change is injected into the client's recentchanges table.
* Wiki pages that are affected by a change are invalidated.
I think this will work for now, that is, for a small number of client wikis. The
new draft is an attempt to make this architecture scale up to several hundred
client wikis on multiple database clusters.
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l [at] lists