1.20rc1 release

mah at everybody

Oct 13, 2012, 4:14 PM

1.20rc1 release

I've put up an rc1 release with the following bit added to the
RELEASE-NOTES-1.20 file:

=== Known issues in 1.20.0 ===
These are issues that we're targeting to be fixed in a later release
in the 1.20 series. Issues may be added or removed from this list as
we see fit. For now, it is comprised of those bugs on the 1.20.0
milestone in Bugzilla.

* (bug 27202): API: Add timestamp sort to list=allimages
* (bug 35894): Reports of secret key generation "hanging" on windows
* (bug 37209): LinkCache doesn't currently know about this title
* (bug 37714): [Regression] Incomplete log entries
* (bug 38334): PHP Notice: Undefined index: href in
/www/w/skins/Vector.php on line 416
* (bug 39268): [Regression] Toolbar inserts in main textarea only
(instead of the focussed textarea)
* (bug 40598): [Regression] jquery.localize tests are failing in IE6-8
* (bug 40632): Kill $wgCleanupPresentationalAttributes from MediaWiki core
* (bug 40641): Clicking "others" in Special:Version asks to download a file
* (bug 40780): searchsuggest-containing line ("containing...") doesn't
include the entered text
* (bug 40939): [Regression] InfoAction: Call to a member function
getUserText() on a non-object

Full release notes:
http://mah.everybody.org/mediawiki/1.20/RELEASE-NOTES-1.20.txt

Download:
http://mah.everybody.org/mediawiki/1.20/mediawiki-1.20.0rc1.tar.gz

GPG signatures:
http://mah.everybody.org/mediawiki/1.20/mediawiki-1.20.0rc1.tar.gz.sig

Public keys:
http://mah.everybody.org/contact-info
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7956EE477F901A30

--
http://hexmode.com/

Any time you have "one overriding idea", and push your idea as a
superior ideology, you're going to be wrong. ... The fact is,
reality is complicated -- Linus Torvalds <http://hexm.de/mc>

mah at everybody

Oct 14, 2012, 11:46 AM

Re: 1.20rc1 release [In reply to]

On 10/14/2012 12:14 PM, Platonides wrote:
> As these look a bit like "shipping with ugly bugs", I have done a quick
> check of their severity:

Thank you so much for this. I'd like to get an assessment like this of
of these issues incorporated into the release notes. I think it will
better help people understand if the issue affects them.

(As far as "shipping with ugly bugs"... I think there are some bugs in
Bugzilla that have proven very irksome to *some* users so I don't think
we're any worse off by saying publicly that we have scheduled this
particular set to be fixed.

> PS: I have a tag 1.20.0rc1 pointing to 1.12.0rc1 (a 2008 revision), but
> doesn't appear on
> https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/gitweb?p=mediawiki/core.git;a=tags
> Tagging failure or user error?

PEBKAC? I don't know enough about how Gerrit handles tags from the
non-MW group, but I suspect it would have to have some intervention of
someone in that group (I'm not a member) for you to see tags that
someone else put on a revision.

Mark.

platonides at gmail

Oct 15, 2012, 8:25 AM

Re: 1.20rc1 release [In reply to]

On 14/10/12 20:46, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:
> PEBKAC? I don't know enough about how Gerrit handles tags from the
> non-MW group, but I suspect it would have to have some intervention of
> someone in that group (I'm not a member) for you to see tags that
> someone else put on a revision.
>
> Mark.

I probably messed up myself. What revision did you use for the rc1?

mah at everybody

Oct 15, 2012, 8:52 AM

Re: 1.20rc1 release [In reply to]

On Mon 15 Oct 2012 11:25:28 AM EDT, Platonides wrote:
> I probably messed up myself. What revision did you use for the rc1?

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/27370/ plus the attached diff (which
I cannot now submit because of firewall issues).

--
http://hexmode.com/

Any time you have "one overriding idea", and push your idea as a
superior ideology, you're going to be wrong. ... The fact is,
reality is complicated -- Linus Torvalds <http://hexm.de/mc>

mah at everybody

Oct 20, 2012, 5:27 PM

Re: 1.20rc1 release [In reply to]

Right. And this is part of https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/23919/

> PS: Note that REL1_20 got a new fix for bug 40780. I would delay the
> release and try to get the listed bugs with patches merged for 1.20.
> As those are changes from rc1, IMHO we should also ship a rc2 before
> going final.

I'll put out RC2 tonight or tomorrow. But I would like to get 1.20 out
today or tomorrow.

Mark.