Github replication

innocentkiller at gmail

Oct 3, 2012, 9:27 AM

Github replication

Hi everyone,

Just letting everyone know: mediawiki/core is now replicating from
gerrit to github.

https://github.com/mediawiki/core

Next step: extensions!

-Chad

otto at wikimedia

Oct 3, 2012, 9:29 AM

Re: Github replication [In reply to]

Awesome! I have a repo I'd love to try this with right now. I'll find you on IRC…

On Oct 3, 2012, at 12:27 PM, Chad <innocentkiller [at] gmail> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Just letting everyone know: mediawiki/core is now replicating from
> gerrit to github.
>
> https://github.com/mediawiki/core
>
> Next step: extensions!
>
> -Chad

smazeland at wikimedia

Oct 3, 2012, 9:32 AM

Re: Github replication [In reply to]

On Oct 3, 2012, at 12:27 PM, Chad <innocentkiller [at] gmail> wrote:
> Just letting everyone know: mediawiki/core is now replicating from
> gerrit to github.
>
> https://github.com/mediawiki/core
>
> Next step: extensions!

Yay. Finally we're allowing the world to fix our code :).

Can has Github->Gerrit merge?!

jamesmikedupont at googlemail

Oct 3, 2012, 9:34 AM

Re: Github replication [In reply to]

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 6:27 PM, Chad <innocentkiller [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just letting everyone know: mediawiki/core is now replicating from
> gerrit to github.
>
> https://github.com/mediawiki/core

that is great news.
mike

yuvipanda at gmail

Oct 3, 2012, 9:36 AM

Re: Github replication [In reply to]

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 9:57 PM, Chad <innocentkiller [at] gmail> wrote:
> Just letting everyone know: mediawiki/core is now replicating from
> gerrit to github.

Sweeet!

Any plans for pull-request integration?

--
Yuvi Panda T
http://yuvi.in/blog

mtraceur at member

Oct 3, 2012, 9:36 AM

Re: Github replication [In reply to]

On 12-10-03 09:27 AM, Chad wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just letting everyone know: mediawiki/core is now replicating from
> gerrit to github.
>
> https://github.com/mediawiki/core
>
> Next step: extensions!

Hi Chad,

Will all extensions be replicated? Are we also looking to replicate to,
e.g., Gitorious? I'm sure there are docs for this decision, but I
haven't seen them--do you have them handy?

Mark Holmquist
Software Engineer, Wikimedia Foundation
mtraceur [at] member
http://marktraceur.info

innocentkiller at gmail

Oct 3, 2012, 9:41 AM

Re: Github replication [In reply to]

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Mark Holmquist <mtraceur [at] member> wrote:
> On 12-10-03 09:27 AM, Chad wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Just letting everyone know: mediawiki/core is now replicating from
>> gerrit to github.
>>
>> https://github.com/mediawiki/core
>>
>> Next step: extensions!
>

> Hi Chad,
>
> Will all extensions be replicated?

Yes.

> Are we also looking to replicate to,
> e.g., Gitorious?

No plans yet, but a lot of the heavy lifting re: replication has
been done, so this wouldn't be impossible.

> I'm sure there are docs for this decision, but I haven't
> seen them--do you have them handy?

Just bugzilla requests for it [0], [1]. I can't remember when
the original decision was made, but this has been a goal for
some time.

-Chad

[0] https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/35429
[1] https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/35497
[2] https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/38196

innocentkiller at gmail

Oct 3, 2012, 9:43 AM

Re: Github replication [In reply to]

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Yuvi Panda <yuvipanda [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 9:57 PM, Chad <innocentkiller [at] gmail> wrote:
>> Just letting everyone know: mediawiki/core is now replicating from
>> gerrit to github.
>

> Sweeet!
>
> Any plans for pull-request integration?

Yes!

https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/35497

A bit harder than pushing out, but definitely on the roadmap.

-Chad

hashar+wmf at free

Oct 3, 2012, 10:00 AM

Re: Github replication [In reply to]

Le 03/10/12 18:27, Chad a écrit :
> Just letting everyone know: mediawiki/core is now replicating from
> gerrit to github.
>
> https://github.com/mediawiki/core
>
> Next step: extensions!

Well done!

Can we please disable "Pull requests" until we agree on a workflow to
review those or have them automatically sent to Gerrit?

Thanks!

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso

innocentkiller at gmail

Oct 3, 2012, 10:10 AM

Re: Github replication [In reply to]

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf [at] free> wrote:
> Le 03/10/12 18:27, Chad a écrit :
>> Just letting everyone know: mediawiki/core is now replicating from
>> gerrit to github.
>>
>> https://github.com/mediawiki/core
>>
>> Next step: extensions!
>
> Well done!
>

> Can we please disable "Pull requests" until we agree on a workflow to
> review those or have them automatically sent to Gerrit?

There is no way to do that that I've found.

-Chad

brion at pobox

Oct 3, 2012, 10:13 AM

Re: Github replication [In reply to]

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 10:10 AM, Chad <innocentkiller [at] gmail> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf [at] free> wrote:
> > Can we please disable "Pull requests" until we agree on a workflow to
> > review those or have them automatically sent to Gerrit?
> >

> There is no way to do that that I've found.

My recommendation would be to leave pull requests active and, when we see
things come in, manually import them to gerrit and close out the pull
requests.

Perfect? No, but probably a better way than refusing to take them until we
figure out a magic automatic gateway. :)

-- brion

innocentkiller at gmail

Oct 3, 2012, 10:29 AM

Re: Github replication [In reply to]

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Brion Vibber <brion [at] pobox> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 10:10 AM, Chad <innocentkiller [at] gmail> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf [at] free> wrote:
>> > Can we please disable "Pull requests" until we agree on a workflow to
>> > review those or have them automatically sent to Gerrit?
>> >

>> There is no way to do that that I've found.
>>

> My recommendation would be to leave pull requests active and, when we see
> things come in, manually import them to gerrit and close out the pull
> requests.
>
> Perfect? No, but probably a better way than refusing to take them until we
> figure out a magic automatic gateway. :)

Yeah, that sounds sane. Anyone who wants to volunteer to keep an eye
on Github and make sure patches get into Gerrit, let me know and I'll add
you to the group on Github.

-Chad

brion at pobox

Oct 3, 2012, 10:45 AM

Re: Github replication [In reply to]

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Chad <innocentkiller [at] gmail> wrote:

> Yeah, that sounds sane. Anyone who wants to volunteer to keep an eye
> on Github and make sure patches get into Gerrit, let me know and I'll add
> you to the group on Github.

Crap, I think I just volunteered. ;)

-- brion

saper at saper

Oct 4, 2012, 12:38 AM

Re: Github replication [In reply to]

>> Chad <innocentkiller [at] gmail> wrote:
> Yeah, that sounds sane. Anyone who wants to volunteer to keep an eye
> on Github and make sure patches get into Gerrit, let me know and I'll add
> you to the group on Github.

+1

I'm github.com/saper

katkov.juriy at gmail

Oct 4, 2012, 3:35 AM

Re: Github replication [In reply to]

Zappo! Such a great news, it's a big step towards the community! Thank
you so much!
-----
Yury Katkov