Welcome Željko Filipin, QA Engineer

cmcmahon at wikimedia

Oct 2, 2012, 7:25 AM

Welcome Željko Filipin, QA Engineer

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to announce that Željko Filipin joins WMF this week as QA
Engineer.

Željko is is a world-class expert on browser test automation, software
testing, and related systems and tools. He will be leading our browser
test automation effort as well as doing other QA and testing work.

Željko writes an authoritative blog about test automation, and is active
(and highly visible) on Github and Stackoverflow. He hosted the Watir (Web
Application Testing In Ruby) podcast for a long time, and is a
long-standing member of the Watir Core Team.

Željko lives with his family in Zagreb, Croatia, where he is a competitive
table tennis player.

I am particularly pleased, proud, and excited to make this announcement
because Željko and I have been acquainted for many years. He and I were
both early adopters of Watir, the first viable open source browser test
automation tool in history. This is the first time we have worked together
professionally, and I could not be happier that he is our new QA Engineer.

-Chris

mtraceur at member

Oct 2, 2012, 7:49 AM

Re: Welcome Željko Filipin, QA Engineer [In reply to]

> I am pleased to announce that Željko Filipin joins WMF this week as QA
> Engineer.

All right! Welcome, Željko! It will be great to have some more power
behind our QA. I look forward to seeing you around the mailing list and IRC!

--
Mark Holmquist
Contractor, Wikimedia Foundation

datzrott at alizeepathology

Oct 2, 2012, 7:57 AM

Re: Welcome Željko Filipin, QA Engineer [In reply to]

>> I am pleased to announce that Željko Filipin joins WMF this week as QA
>> Engineer.
>
>All right! Welcome, Željko! It will be great to have some more power
>behind our QA. I look forward to seeing you around the mailing list and IRC!

Forgive me for asking, this is by no means meant to be rude, but how does one pronounce your name? It is very unique looking to my uncultured eyes.

Thank you,
Derric Atzrott

zfilipin at wikimedia

Oct 2, 2012, 8:32 AM

Re: Welcome Željko Filipin, QA Engineer [In reply to]

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 4:49 PM, Mark Holmquist <mtraceur [at] member>
wrote:
>I look forward to seeing you around the mailing list and IRC!

I am lurking as zeljkof on a few IRC channels.

Željko

zfilipin at wikimedia

Oct 2, 2012, 8:36 AM

Re: Welcome Željko Filipin, QA Engineer [In reply to]

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Derric Atzrott <datzrott [at] alizeepathology>
wrote:
> but how does one pronounce your name?

It is pronounced similar to zhel-ko or jell-ko. To my surprise not all
languages have "ž" and "lj" sounds, and my name has both of them.

Željko

erik at wikimedia

Oct 2, 2012, 11:48 AM

Re: Welcome Željko Filipin, QA Engineer [In reply to]

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Chris McMahon <cmcmahon [at] wikimedia> wrote:
> I am pleased to announce that Željko Filipin joins WMF this week as QA
> Engineer.

Željko, welcome on board :)

Hooray for more test automation, and the timing (with beta labs
starting to become usable) is great as well.

--
Erik Möller

hashar+wmf at free

Oct 2, 2012, 12:21 PM

Re: Welcome Željko Filipin, QA Engineer [In reply to]

Le 02/10/12 16:25, Chris McMahon a écrit :
> I am pleased to announce that Željko Filipin joins WMF this week as QA
> Engineer.

Moaar test! Welcome around Željko! I am in CET timezone myself and
working on continuous integration. Ping "hashar" on freenode :-]

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso

zfilipin at wikimedia

Oct 2, 2012, 12:48 PM

Re: Welcome Željko Filipin, QA Engineer [In reply to]

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM, Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf [at] free> wrote:
> I am in CET timezone myself and
> working on continuous integration. Ping "hashar" on freenode :-]

Will do. I will probably need help with Jenkins.

Željko

saper at saper

Oct 4, 2012, 1:39 AM

Re: Welcome Željko Filipin, QA Engineer [In reply to]

>> Zeljko Filipin <zfilipin [at] wikimedia> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM, Antoine Musso <hashar+wmf [at] free> wrote:
>> I am in CET timezone myself and
>> working on continuous integration. Ping "hashar" on freenode :-]
>
> Will do. I will probably need help with Jenkins.

Welcome :) Now I know why you joined us yesterday on the Git+Gerrit
session!

//Marcin

zfilipin at wikimedia

Oct 5, 2012, 3:13 AM

Re: Welcome Željko Filipin, QA Engineer [In reply to]

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Marcin Cieslak <saper [at] saper> wrote:
> Now I know why you joined us yesterday on the Git+Gerrit session!

It was a good session. I have learned a few new git tricks and I think I
understand gerrit now.

Željko

Platonides at gmail

Oct 7, 2012, 1:23 PM

Re: Welcome Željko Filipin, QA Engineer [In reply to]

Welcome Željko!
I can directly type characters like Ẑ and Ź, but I don't have a caron in
my keyboard. I think you are the first one at WMF with a name I can't
type but is still in latin alphabet. :)