New Imagescaler disto/packages

py at wikimedia

Oct 2, 2012, 6:10 AM

New Imagescaler disto/packages

Hello all,

I just enabled srv190 as an imagescaler running ubuntu 12.04 precise with
new versions of imagemagick and librsvg.

This is a test for upgrading all of our imagescalers to newer versions
of... many things. Upgrading these boxes and these packages is often
problematic, so please let me know if you notice any issues with the new
setup.

Thanks!

--peter

pleasestand at live

Oct 5, 2012, 8:37 AM

Re: New Imagescaler disto/packages [In reply to]

On 10/02/2012 09:10 AM, Peter Youngmeister wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just enabled srv190 as an imagescaler running ubuntu 12.04 precise with
> new versions of imagemagick and librsvg.

Here's an error message I got. It looks like srv190's copy of rsvg
doesn't have our special security patch[1]:

<h1>Error generating thumbnail</h1>
Error creating thumbnail: Unknown option --no-external-files<br />

<!--
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/thumb_handler.php/f/f0/Consolidated_Contractors_Company_Logo.svg/200px-Consolidated_Contractors_Company_Logo.svg.png
-->
<!-- srv190 -->

> This is a test for upgrading all of our imagescalers to newer versions
> of... many things. Upgrading these boxes and these packages is often
> problematic, so please let me know if you notice any issues with the new
> setup.

So I'm letting you know.

> Thanks!
>
> --peter

[1]:
https://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/debs/librsvg/debian/patches/

--
Wikipedia user PleaseStand
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:PleaseStand

py at wikimedia

Oct 5, 2012, 1:13 PM

Re: New Imagescaler disto/packages [In reply to]

Hi Kevin,

Yep, I made a mistake. I managed to add these files to the debian/patches
dir, but didn't actually get them applied. Doh.

Thank you very much for the spot on this!

--peter