Welcome, Dan Andreescu!

robla at wikimedia

Sep 10, 2012, 10:31 AM

Welcome, Dan Andreescu!

Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce Dan Andreescu will join the Analytics team
today as our new Javascript/UI engineer. In this role, he will be
taking on development of Limn[1], our data visualization and dashboard
building toolkit. He is also going to be responsible for the
front-end for Kraken[2], the self-servicing data platform that is
being developed by the Analytics team.

Dan studied Computer Science at Cornell University and he is a builder
at heart. He is passionate about designing and building almost
anything: furniture, software, tools and houses. An example of this
is his work with Earthship[3]: radically sustainable buildings made
with recycled materials. Clearly, Dan loves working on big problems
and that's why we are so excited to have him join the Foundation (and
the Analytics Team in particular)!

Dan is based out of Philadelphia, and is on IRC as "milimetric".
Please join me in welcoming Dan!

Rob
[1] https://github.com/wikimedia/limn
[2] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Analytics/Kraken
[3] http://earthship.com/

dzahn at wikimedia

Sep 10, 2012, 10:45 AM

Re: Welcome, Dan Andreescu! [In reply to]

Welcome Dan! Nice meeting you. See you on IRC and gerrit.

akshay.leadindia at gmail

Sep 10, 2012, 11:01 AM

Re: Welcome, Dan Andreescu! [In reply to]

Welcome Dan!

Really very much impressed & inspired by your work on Earthship. Looking
forward to your awesome contributions.

Warm Regards
Akshay

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 11:15 PM, Daniel Zahn <dzahn [at] wikimedia> wrote:

> Welcome Dan! Nice meeting you. See you on IRC and gerrit.

asharma at wikimedia

Sep 10, 2012, 11:49 AM

Re: Welcome, Dan Andreescu! [In reply to]

Welcome Dan! Great to see you join the Analytics team. Fun times ahead!

-Alolita

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Akshay Agarwal
<akshay.leadindia [at] gmail> wrote:
> Welcome Dan!
>
> Really very much impressed & inspired by your work on Earthship. Looking
> forward to your awesome contributions.
>
> Warm Regards
> Akshay
>
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 11:15 PM, Daniel Zahn <dzahn [at] wikimedia> wrote:
>
>> Welcome Dan! Nice meeting you. See you on IRC and gerrit.

Alolita Sharma
Director of Engineering
Wikimedia Foundation