Call for Gerrit contractor

robla at wikimedia

Aug 31, 2012, 6:15 PM

Call for Gerrit contractor

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:25 PM, Steven Walling <steven.walling <at>
gmail.com> wrote:
> But do we have a plan for improving Gerrit in a substantial way?

Hi everyone,

In my response to Steven at the time [1], I indicated that we have a
modest contractor budget for this work. The RFP is now posted here:
http://hire.jobvite.com/Jobvite/Job.aspx?j=o4gIWfwI&c=qSa9VfwQ

Please let me know if you're interested (and apply if you're really
interested). Also, please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Rob

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.linguistics.wikipedia.technical/62630

steven.walling at gmail

Aug 31, 2012, 7:47 PM

Re: Call for Gerrit contractor [In reply to]

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Rob Lanphier <robla [at] wikimedia> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> In my response to Steven at the time [1], I indicated that we have a
> modest contractor budget for this work. The RFP is now posted here:
> http://hire.jobvite.com/Jobvite/Job.aspx?j=o4gIWfwI&c=qSa9VfwQ
>
> Please let me know if you're interested (and apply if you're really
> interested). Also, please let me know if you have any questions.
>
> Thanks!
> Rob

While I do not envy whatever person we hire for this, ;-) I definitely want
to say thank you Rob, for investing some resources here. I'll try to help
spread the word about this contract.

Steven

smazeland at wikimedia

Sep 1, 2012, 3:46 AM

Re: Call for Gerrit contractor [In reply to]

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 3:15 AM, Rob Lanphier <robla [at] wikimedia> wrote:
> In my response to Steven at the time [1], I indicated that we have a
> modest contractor budget for this work. The RFP is now posted here:
> http://hire.jobvite.com/Jobvite/Job.aspx?j=o4gIWfwI&c=qSa9VfwQ
>
> Please let me know if you're interested (and apply if you're really
> interested). Also, please let me know if you have any questions.

Great news, Rob. Looking forward to someone making Gerrit better for us.

--
Siebrand Mazeland
Product Manager Localisation

M: +31 6 50 69 1239
Skype: siebrand

thomas at koch

Feb 25, 2013, 5:26 AM

Re: Call for Gerrit contractor [In reply to]

Rob Lanphier <robla <at> wikimedia.org> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> In my response to Steven at the time [1], I indicated that we have a
> modest contractor budget for this work. The RFP is now posted here:
> http://hire.jobvite.com/Jobvite/Job.aspx?j=o4gIWfwI&c=qSa9VfwQ

Hi,

do you still search for a Gerrit contractor? I'd very much like to apply for
this position. I'm living in Switzerland but I have good experiences working
with US developers on Apache projects.

I'm currently working on packaging Gerrit for Debian:

You can see my CV here:
http://www.koch.ro/temp/thomas_koch_developer.pdf

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

jeremy at tuxmachine

Feb 25, 2013, 5:50 AM

Re: Call for Gerrit contractor [In reply to]

On Feb 25, 2013 8:30 AM, "Thomas Koch" <thomas [at] koch> wrote:
> Rob Lanphier <robla <at> wikimedia.org> writes:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > In my response to Steven at the time [1], I indicated that we have a
> > modest contractor budget for this work. The RFP is now posted here:
> > http://hire.jobvite.com/Jobvite/Job.aspx?j=o4gIWfwI&c=qSa9VfwQ
>
> Hi,
>
> do you still search for a Gerrit contractor? I'd very much like to apply
for
> this position. I'm living in Switzerland but I have good experiences
working
> with US developers on Apache projects.

FYI, see
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2013-February/066466.html

I'm not sure if there's interest in hiring a another person for gerrit work
at this point. At any rate you are certainly welcome to contribute to
Gerrit related (or other) efforts within Wikimedia. You should come on
#wikimedia-tech @ freenode if you want to coordinate efforts. (keep in mind
that some WMF staff will be busy this week with meetspace events so may be
less responsive on lists / IRC)

> I'm currently working on packaging Gerrit for Debian:

That's great. Jessie seems like a long time from now. I guess we would just
pull from Ubuntu though.

-Jeremy