translatewiki.net ending localisation support for svn.wikimedia.org MediaWiki extensions

s.mazeland at xs4all

Aug 12, 2012, 5:22 AM

translatewiki.net ending localisation support for svn.wikimedia.org MediaWiki extensions

Dear all,

Starting October 1, 2012, translatewiki.net will drop support for all
MediaWiki extensions it currently supports that still remain in the
Subversion repository svn.wikimedia.org.

Many, if not all of the extensions that by that time have not been
migrated to git/Gerrit, are clearly not that well maintained and we want
to prevent our translators from spending their time on it. At the moment,
a maximum of 273 extensions are affected.

In case this message makes you wonder what git and Gerrit is all about,
and how you can revive your precious extension, please see the following
links:

* https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Git/Tutorial
* https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Git/Conversion/Extensions_queue

Cheers!