How to query the Bugzilla API

mah at everybody

Jul 30, 2012, 10:12 AM

How to query the Bugzilla API

Sam Reed had asked me to help him understand how to query the Bugzilla
API so that he could use it in reporting during the rollouts of new code.

I've already got a PHP library that I wrote (in SVN still:
https://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/tools/bugzilla/client/)
so I used that to write a simple script to query the API several times
and print the counts for each query.

The commented script is here:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/115632

Since I was the only real user of this code (until now), I didn't write
any documentation, but if there is some interest, then I can start
working on that.

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

Human evil is not a problem. It is a mystery. It cannot be solved.
-- I Don't Believe in Atheists, Chris Hedges