[Wikimedia-l] Questions about browser geolocalization improvement proposal

kikkocristian at gmail

Jul 25, 2012, 7:38 AM

Post #1 of 1 (477 views)
[Wikimedia-l] Questions about browser geolocalization improvement proposal

Hi all,

I have started a thread on Wikimedia-l mailing lst[1a][1b] about a
proposal for improvement[2] of the current geolocation system used by

In the following e-mail we had some question about how the
geolocalization from browser works.
In particular, with the geolocalization via browser one can obtain the
information of who received a geotargeted message or not? Is possible
or not store the data about geolocalization?

Summing up, we are wondering if this system respects the privacy of
users. Can you help us answer those concerns?