Welcoming S Page

asharma at wikimedia

Jul 17, 2012, 11:28 PM

Welcoming S Page

Hi All,

Please join me in welcoming S Page as Software Engineer in WMFs Editor
Engagement Experiments (E3) engineering team.

Some interesting facts about S - yes his name really is 'S', cf. Ford
designer "J Mays". S has been a ski instructor at Squaw Valley and a road
sweeper for the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea. At Sun Microsystems,
S wrote technical documentation for James Gosling and Bill Joy, programmers
so l33t they wrote their own text editors. S has many enthusiasms but the
most relevant ones are SFMOMA 250m West, pinball at Metreon 500m West, and
the snow 300 km East. S is also a Wikipedian, editor on en.wp since
November 2005 and Semantic Mediawiki contributor.

Ping S online or stop by WMF's 3rd floor to say hello in person. Hes
available as @spage on our irc channels including #mediawiki,
#wikimedia-dev and #wikimedia-e3.

Welcome S! Happy to have you onboard the E3 team.

-Alolita
--

Alolita Sharma
Director of Engineering

sumanah at wikimedia

Jul 18, 2012, 7:19 AM

Re: Welcoming S Page [In reply to]

On 07/18/2012 02:28 AM, Alolita Sharma wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Please join me in welcoming S Page as Software Engineer in WMFs Editor
> Engagement Experiments (E3) engineering team.
>
> Some interesting facts about S - yes his name really is 'S', cf. Ford
> designer "J Mays". S has been a ski instructor at Squaw Valley and a road
> sweeper for the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea. At Sun Microsystems,
> S wrote technical documentation for James Gosling and Bill Joy, programmers
> so l33t they wrote their own text editors. S has many enthusiasms but the
> most relevant ones are SFMOMA 250m West, pinball at Metreon 500m West, and
> the snow 300 km East. S is also a Wikipedian, editor on en.wp since
> November 2005 and Semantic Mediawiki contributor.
>
> Ping S online or stop by WMF's 3rd floor to say hello in person. Hes
> available as @spage on our irc channels including #mediawiki,
> #wikimedia-dev and #wikimedia-e3.
>
> Welcome S! Happy to have you onboard the E3 team.
>
> -Alolita

Welcome, S, and looking forward to working with you.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager

ori at wikimedia