Gerrit 2.4 upgrade this evening

innocentkiller at gmail

Jul 5, 2012, 10:57 AM

Gerrit 2.4 upgrade this evening

Hi,

Just giving everyone a head's up that we'll be upgrading Gerrit this evening
from 2.3 to 2.4.2.

We're not expecting any extensive downtime for Gerrit, but we've scheduled
a one-hour window from 23:00-00:00 UTC tonight (7-8pm EDT, 4-5pm PDT).

The big feature I'm excited about in 2.4 is the new "Rebase" button, which
will hopefully make it easier to rebase your changes against your branch
without having to download the change first.

If you're interested, the release notes for 2.4 and 2.4.1 are:
http://gerrit-documentation.googlecode.com/svn/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-2.4.html
http://gerrit-documentation.googlecode.com/svn/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-2.4.1.html

2.4.2 was a security release and only fixed one issue, but here's the notice
for that: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/repo-discuss/CTFM8KTIe34/otuuE74s__wJ

I'll send a reminder (and spam IRC) right before we begin the upgrade
process, and again when we're done. Please let me know if you have
any questions.

-Chad

innocentkiller at gmail

Jul 5, 2012, 4:04 PM

Re: Gerrit 2.4 upgrade this evening [In reply to]

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Chad <innocentkiller [at] gmail> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just giving everyone a head's up that we'll be upgrading Gerrit this evening
> from 2.3 to 2.4.2.
>
> We're not expecting any extensive downtime for Gerrit, but we've scheduled
> a one-hour window from 23:00-00:00 UTC tonight (7-8pm EDT, 4-5pm PDT).
>
> The big feature I'm excited about in 2.4 is the new "Rebase" button, which
> will hopefully make it easier to rebase your changes against your branch
> without having to download the change first.
>
> If you're interested, the release notes for 2.4 and 2.4.1 are:
> http://gerrit-documentation.googlecode.com/svn/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-2.4.html
> http://gerrit-documentation.googlecode.com/svn/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-2.4.1.html
>
> 2.4.2 was a security release and only fixed one issue, but here's the notice
> for that: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/repo-discuss/CTFM8KTIe34/otuuE74s__wJ
>
> I'll send a reminder (and spam IRC) right before we begin the upgrade
> process, and again when we're done. Please let me know if you have
> any questions.
>
> -Chad

We're now shutting down Gerrit for the 2.4.2 upgrade. I
will let everyone know when we're done.

-Chad

innocentkiller at gmail

Jul 5, 2012, 4:55 PM

Re: Gerrit 2.4 upgrade this evening [In reply to]

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 7:04 PM, Chad <innocentkiller [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Chad <innocentkiller [at] gmail> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just giving everyone a head's up that we'll be upgrading Gerrit this evening
>> from 2.3 to 2.4.2.
>>
>> We're not expecting any extensive downtime for Gerrit, but we've scheduled
>> a one-hour window from 23:00-00:00 UTC tonight (7-8pm EDT, 4-5pm PDT).
>>
>> The big feature I'm excited about in 2.4 is the new "Rebase" button, which
>> will hopefully make it easier to rebase your changes against your branch
>> without having to download the change first.
>>
>> If you're interested, the release notes for 2.4 and 2.4.1 are:
>> http://gerrit-documentation.googlecode.com/svn/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-2.4.html
>> http://gerrit-documentation.googlecode.com/svn/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotes-2.4.1.html
>>
>> 2.4.2 was a security release and only fixed one issue, but here's the notice
>> for that: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/repo-discuss/CTFM8KTIe34/otuuE74s__wJ
>>
>> I'll send a reminder (and spam IRC) right before we begin the upgrade
>> process, and again when we're done. Please let me know if you have
>> any questions.
>>
>> -Chad
>
> We're now shutting down Gerrit for the 2.4.2 upgrade. I
> will let everyone know when we're done.

Well, we pushed it a little bit closer to the full hour than I would've
liked (hit a couple of bumps due to config mistakes on my part),
but Gerrit is back up and running now :)

-Chad