maybe just visiting one will be enough to keep me notified about the rest?

jidanni at jidanni

Jun 18, 2012, 6:46 PM

maybe just visiting one will be enough to keep me notified about the rest?

I got four mails

page Manual:RemoveUnusedAccounts.php has been changed by Sumanah
page Manual:LocalSettings.php has been changed by KrenairBot
page Manual:Edit.php has been changed by KrenairBot
page Manual:GetText.php has been changed by KrenairBot

each says

There will be no other notifications in case of further changes unless
you visit this page. You could also reset the notification flags for all
your watched pages on your watchlist.

maybe just visiting one will be enough to keep me notified about the rest?

Platonides at gmail

Jun 19, 2012, 8:39 AM

Re: maybe just visiting one will be enough to keep me notified about the rest? [In reply to]

On 19/06/12 03:46, jidanni [at] jidanni wrote:
> I got four mails
>
> page Manual:RemoveUnusedAccounts.php has been changed by Sumanah
> page Manual:LocalSettings.php has been changed by KrenairBot
> page Manual:Edit.php has been changed by KrenairBot
> page Manual:GetText.php has been changed by KrenairBot
>
> each says
>
> There will be no other notifications in case of further changes unless
> you visit this page. You could also reset the notification flags for all
> your watched pages on your watchlist.
>
> maybe just visiting one will be enough to keep me notified about the rest?

No.
Maybe it should be rewritten as "of further changes to this page unless
you visit it".
Suggestions welcome.

krenair at gmail

Jun 19, 2012, 9:06 AM

Re: maybe just visiting one will be enough to keep me notified about the rest? [In reply to]

Does it matter? They're all one-off emails due to lots of pages being updated to work with Gitweb instead of ViewVC (gitweb doesn't like file paths starting with /).

In future, I suggest you tick 'Hide bot edits from the watchlist' on the Special:Preferences Watchlist tab.

Krenair