Announcement: Adam Wight joins Wikimedia as Fundraising Engineer

tchay at wikimedia

Jun 7, 2012, 10:02 AM

Announcement: Adam Wight joins Wikimedia as Fundraising Engineer

Hello everyone,

It’s with great pleasure that I’m announcing that Adam Wight has joined the Wikimedia Foundation as a Fundraising Engineer.

Before joining us, Adam was customizing open-source web services for non-profits at Giant Rabbit. This makes him the first Fundraising engineer to be familiar with CiviCRM **before** joining the team — in fact, he has contributed event registration workflow and other minor changes back to the project. :-) He also did work on the Atako Project (the first open-source Google Gadget directory), “Halfway Library” to share and review books, and “Prokaryote” a evolution/behavior patterns simulator used in university and high school classrooms. If you ever snuck into the Unix lab to get their workstations running SETI [at] hom, you probably used his code (he wrote the X-windows implementation). He has recently contributed an "Offline" extension for Mediawiki, and he is helping with a distributed wiki project "OneCommons".

On the side, he’s involved with a number of education and agricultural projects, including being the programmer at the Multinational Exchange for Sustainable Agriculture and is a cofounder and worker at The Local food coop at UC Berkeley. He also is obsessed with blacksmithing (no, this is not a new coding process — I mean that he’s a blacksmith and has been a carpenter and housepainter).

His first official day was on May 31st (where he was at the Berlin Hackathon), but his first day at the San Francisco office will be on June 13th. He will be working with the FR-Tech team, no doubt fixing our many bugs in CiviCRM.

Please join me in welcoming Adam to the Wikimedia Foundation. :-)

Take care,

Terry

terry chay 최태리
Director of Features Engineering
Wikimedia Foundation
“Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment.”

p: +1 (415) 839-6885 x6832
m: +1 (408) 480-8902
e: tchay [at] wikimedia
i: http://terrychay.com/
w: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Tychay
aim: terrychay

jalexander at wikimedia

Jun 7, 2012, 10:33 AM

Re: [Wmfall] Announcement: Adam Wight joins Wikimedia as Fundraising Engineer [In reply to]

Welcome Terry! Welcome to WMF and to fundraising, from my past experiences
I know you'll have fun :).

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Terry Chay <tchay [at] wikimedia> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> It’s with great pleasure that I’m announcing that Adam Wight has joined
> the Wikimedia Foundation as a Fundraising Engineer.
>
> Before joining us, Adam was customizing open-source web services for
> non-profits at Giant Rabbit. This makes him the first Fundraising engineer
> to be familiar with CiviCRM **before** joining the team — in fact, he has
> contributed event registration workflow and other minor changes back to the
> project. :-) He also did work on the Atako Project (the first open-source
> Google Gadget directory), “Halfway Library” to share and review books, and
> “Prokaryote” a evolution/behavior patterns simulator used in university and
> high school classrooms. If you ever snuck into the Unix lab to get their
> workstations running SETI [at] hom, you probably used his code (he wrote the
> X-windows implementation). He has recently contributed an "Offline"
> extension for Mediawiki, and he is helping with a distributed wiki project
> "OneCommons".
>
> On the side, he’s involved with a number of education and agricultural
> projects, including being the programmer at the Multinational Exchange for
> Sustainable Agriculture and is a cofounder and worker at The Local food
> coop at UC Berkeley. He also is obsessed with blacksmithing (no, this is
> not a new coding process — I mean that he’s a blacksmith and has been a
> carpenter and housepainter).
>
> His first official day was on May 31st (where he was at the Berlin
> Hackathon), but his first day at the San Francisco office will be on June
> 13th. He will be working with the FR-Tech team, no doubt fixing our many
> bugs in CiviCRM.
>
> Please join me in welcoming Adam to the Wikimedia Foundation. :-)
>
> Take care,
>
> Terry
>
> terry chay 최태리
> Director of Features Engineering
> Wikimedia Foundation
> “Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the
> sum of all knowledge.* That's our commitment.*”
>
> p: +1 (415) 839-6885 x6832
> m: +1 (408) 480-8902
> e: tchay [at] wikimedia
> i: http://terrychay.com/
> w: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Tychay
> aim: terrychay

James Alexander
Manager, Merchandise
Wikimedia Foundation
(415) 839-6885 x6716 @jamesofur

jalexander at wikimedia

Jun 7, 2012, 11:27 AM

Re: [Wmfall] Announcement: Adam Wight joins Wikimedia as Fundraising Engineer [In reply to]

.... I clearly am FAR too spacy today ;) Obviously Welcome ADAM Terry was
already welcomed a while ago :P

James

--
James Alexander
Manager, Merchandise
Wikimedia Foundation
(415) 839-6885 x6716 @jamesofur

arichards at wikimedia

Jun 7, 2012, 11:35 AM

Re: [Wmfall] Announcement: Adam Wight joins Wikimedia as Fundraising Engineer [In reply to]

Welcome Adam, it's great to have you aboard :)

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 11:27 AM, James Alexander

Arthur Richards
Software Engineer, Mobile
[[User:Awjrichards]]
IRC: awjr
+1-415-839-6885 x6687

Platonides at gmail

Jun 7, 2012, 2:15 PM

Re: [Wmfall] Announcement: Adam Wight joins Wikimedia as Fundraising Engineer [In reply to]

On 07/06/12 20:35, Arthur Richards wrote:
> Welcome Adam, it's great to have you aboard :)

Welcome, Adam Wight.

sumanah at wikimedia

Jun 8, 2012, 12:57 PM

Re: [Wmfall] Announcement: Adam Wight joins Wikimedia as Fundraising Engineer [In reply to]

On 06/07/2012 01:02 PM, Terry Chay wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Its with great pleasure that Im announcing that Adam Wight has joined the Wikimedia Foundation as a Fundraising Engineer.

Yay! And welcome, Adam.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager

phoebe.wiki at gmail

Jun 8, 2012, 1:22 PM

Re: Announcement: Adam Wight joins Wikimedia as Fundraising Engineer [In reply to]

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Terry Chay <tchay [at] wikimedia> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Its with great pleasure that Im announcing that Adam Wight has joined the Wikimedia Foundation as a Fundraising Engineer.
>
> Before joining us, Adam was customizing open-source web services for non-profits at Giant Rabbit. This makes him the first Fundraising engineer to be familiar with CiviCRM **before** joining the team in fact, he has contributed event registration workflow and other minor changes back to the project. :-) He also did work on the Atako Project (the first open-source Google Gadget directory), Halfway Library to share and review books, and Prokaryote a evolution/behavior patterns simulator used in university and high school classrooms. If you ever snuck into the Unix lab to get their workstations running SETI [at] hom, you probably used his code (he wrote the X-windows implementation). He has recently contributed an "Offline" extension for Mediawiki, and he is helping with a distributed wiki project "OneCommons".

Welcome Adam! All very cool projects :)

> On the side, hes involved with a number of education and agricultural projects, including being the programmer at the Multinational Exchange for Sustainable Agriculture and is a cofounder and worker at The Local food coop at UC Berkeley. He also is obsessed with blacksmithing (no, this is not a new coding process I mean that hes a blacksmith and has been a carpenter and housepainter).

We should start having local foodie/Wikipedian dinners! Edit this eggplant?

-- phoebe

<at> gmail.com *

helianth at gmail

Jun 8, 2012, 1:30 PM

Re: Announcement: Adam Wight joins Wikimedia as Fundraising Engineer [In reply to]

Welcome, Adam Wight!

Scott

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 8:22 PM, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki [at] gmail> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Terry Chay <tchay [at] wikimedia> wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> Its with great pleasure that Im announcing that Adam Wight has joined the Wikimedia Foundation as a Fundraising Engineer.
>>
>> Before joining us, Adam was customizing open-source web services for non-profits at Giant Rabbit. This makes him the first Fundraising engineer to be familiar with CiviCRM **before** joining the team in fact, he has contributed event registration workflow and other minor changes back to the project. :-) He also did work on the Atako Project (the first open-source Google Gadget directory), Halfway Library to share and review books, and Prokaryote a evolution/behavior patterns simulator used in university and high school classrooms. If you ever snuck into the Unix lab to get their workstations running SETI [at] hom, you probably used his code (he wrote the X-windows implementation). He has recently contributed an "Offline" extension for Mediawiki, and he is helping with a distributed wiki project "OneCommons".
>
> Welcome Adam! All very cool projects :)
>

>> On the side, hes involved with a number of education and agricultural projects, including being the programmer at the Multinational Exchange for Sustainable Agriculture and is a cofounder and worker at The Local food coop at UC Berkeley. He also is obsessed with blacksmithing (no, this is not a new coding process I mean that hes a blacksmith and has been a carpenter and housepainter).
>
> We should start having local foodie/Wikipedian dinners! Edit this eggplant?
>
> -- phoebe
>

> --
> * I use this address for lists; send personal messages to phoebe.ayers
> <at> gmail.com *

http://scottmacleod.com/worlduniversityandschool.htm

This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged
and confidential. If the reader of this email message is not the
distribution, or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you
have received this email in error, please notify the sender and
destroy/delete all copies of the transmittal. Thank you.