Announcing Vibha Bamba, Interaction Designer

hfung at wikimedia

Announcing Vibha Bamba, Interaction Designer

Everyone,

I'm pleased to welcome Vibha Bamba, a new member of the Product group.
Vibha is starting today as Interaction Designer and will work mainly
on the Editor Engagement projects. As folks may know, many of the
Editor Engagement projects (such as New Pages Feed) involve complex
workflows for our editing community. Vibha will help us design
interfaces to make these features more user-friendly for our readers
and editors.

Vibha joins us from Yahoo, where she was a Senior Interaction
Designer. At Yahoo, she worked on a variety of projects, including
their engine for online display advertising, location based mobile
apps, the new personalized yahoo experiences and cross device design.
She worked on features such as sales dashboards, campaign management
and reporting tools, and advertising toolkits, so she brings a solid
background in building interfaces to support intricate and demanding
workflows. While in college, she interned for the United Nations
Hunger Project where she designed tools to help educate women on
microfinance.

She has a BS in Electrical Engineering from the University of Bombay,
as well as an MPS in Interactive Telecommunication from the Tisch
School of Arts at New York University. For more information on her
background, please see her public profile [1].

Please join me in welcoming Vibha!

Howie

[1] http://www.linkedin.com/pub/vibha-bamba/7/29b/529

sumanah at wikimedia

Re: Announcing Vibha Bamba, Interaction Designer [In reply to]

On 05/14/2012 02:56 PM, Howie Fung wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> I'm pleased to welcome Vibha Bamba, a new member of the Product group.
> Vibha is starting today as Interaction Designer and will work mainly
> on the Editor Engagement projects. As folks may know, many of the
> Editor Engagement projects (such as New Pages Feed) involve complex
> workflows for our editing community. Vibha will help us design
> interfaces to make these features more user-friendly for our readers
> and editors.

Welcome, Vibha! Looking forward to working with you. If you have any
questions, feel free to pop into #mediawiki on Freenode and we'll help
you out.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager

asharma at wikimedia

Re: Announcing Vibha Bamba, Interaction Designer [In reply to]

Welcome Vibha! Great to have you join the growing UI/UX team. Looking
forward to lots of UI design thinking from you :-)

Best,
Alolita

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 12:34 PM, Sumana Harihareswara <
sumanah [at] wikimedia> wrote:

> On 05/14/2012 02:56 PM, Howie Fung wrote:
> > Everyone,
> >
> > I'm pleased to welcome Vibha Bamba, a new member of the Product group.
> > Vibha is starting today as Interaction Designer and will work mainly
> > on the Editor Engagement projects. As folks may know, many of the
> > Editor Engagement projects (such as New Pages Feed) involve complex
> > workflows for our editing community. Vibha will help us design
> > interfaces to make these features more user-friendly for our readers
> > and editors.
>
> Welcome, Vibha! Looking forward to working with you. If you have any
> questions, feel free to pop into #mediawiki on Freenode and we'll help
> you out.
>
> --
> Sumana Harihareswara
> Engineering Community Manager
> Wikimedia Foundation

Alolita Sharma
Director of Engineering
Wikimedia Foundation

asharma at wikimedia

Re: Announcing Vibha Bamba, Interaction Designer [In reply to]

sumanah [at] wikimedia> wrote:

> On 05/14/2012 02:56 PM, Howie Fung wrote:
> > Everyone,
> >
> > I'm pleased to welcome Vibha Bamba, a new member of the Product group.
> > Vibha is starting today as Interaction Designer and will work mainly
> > on the Editor Engagement projects. As folks may know, many of the
> > Editor Engagement projects (such as New Pages Feed) involve complex
> > workflows for our editing community. Vibha will help us design
> > interfaces to make these features more user-friendly for our readers
> > and editors.
>
> Welcome, Vibha! Looking forward to working with you. If you have any
> questions, feel free to pop into #mediawiki on Freenode and we'll help
> you out.
>
> --
> Sumana Harihareswara
> Engineering Community Manager