MathJax enabled on mediawiki.org

erik at wikimedia

MathJax enabled on mediawiki.org

MathJax is now enabled as an experimental math rendering mode on
MediaWiki.org (thanks, Aaron).

To enable it, select it in your preferences under "Appearance".

I've set up a page here to report & track issues:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Math/MathJax_testing

While it's probably too slow to make it the default, it's a nice
alternative rendering mode which we should make available everywhere
if there are no remaining major issues. Thanks to Brion and everyone
else involved in getting it to this point.

Erik

--
Erik Möller

brion at pobox

Re: MathJax enabled on mediawiki.org [In reply to]

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Erik Moeller <erik [at] wikimedia> wrote:

> MathJax is now enabled as an experimental math rendering mode on
> MediaWiki.org (thanks, Aaron).
>
> To enable it, select it in your preferences under "Appearance".

Awesome -- this confirms that it does work, including the web fonts, in our
production environment. :D

If no major issues crop up, it'd be great to turn this on for all wikis so
people can test "in place" on en.wikipedia.org etc.

Big thanks to Nageh who did a lot of the early work at MathJax integration
as a user script, and Davide Cervone of MathJax who helped us with updates
to MathJax 2.0 and related fixes.

There'll still be some custom commands that need to be added, but most
equations should render nicely. Please give a shout if anything looks
wrong/suspicious, and file bugs in bugzilla. We'll either fix the custom
commands or pass problems on to the MathJax folks. :D

-- brion

p858snake at gmail

Re: MathJax enabled on mediawiki.org [In reply to]

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 7:58 AM, Erik Moeller <erik [at] wikimedia> wrote:
> …
> I've set up a page here to report & track issues:
>
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Math/MathJax_testing
> …
> Erik

Can we not use wiki pages for bug reporting… Bugzilla is so much
better for that ;)

Listing bugs after they have been filed sure, but just plain reporting
it gets messy and its so much easier if its in Bz.